Audio Recording Gems from The belle of New York Belle of New York. Selections / She is the belle of New York ; Teach me how to kiss ; Oh, la belle Parisienne ; When we are married ; They all follow me ; The sweetest girl in town
About this Item
- Gems from The belle of New York
- Other Title
- Belle of New York. Selections
- She is the belle of New York ; Teach me how to kiss ; Oh, la belle Parisienne ; When we are married ; They all follow me ; The sweetest girl in town
- Vocal chorus and soloists, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Morton, Hugh -- Lyricist
- Victor Light Opera Company -- Vocal Group
- Kerker, Gustave -- Composer
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- C-10393 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morton, Hugh, Victor Light Opera Company, and Gustave Kerker. Gems from The belle of New York. 1911. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-130344/.
APA citation style:
Morton, H., Victor Light Opera Company & Kerker, G. (1911) Gems from The belle of New York. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-130344/.
MLA citation style:
Morton, Hugh, Victor Light Opera Company, and Gustave Kerker. Gems from The belle of New York. 1911. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-130344/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
The girl from up there Victor 3313. Matrix/Take: [Pre-matrix B-]3313/1.
- Contributor: Kerker, Gustave - Macdonough, Harry - Morton, Hugh
- Date: 1901-05-03
Audio RecordingGems from Fra Diavolo
Fra Diavolo. Selections | Victoria ; On yonder rock reclining ; Hail, blessed morn ; Bless'd powers that still the good protect ; Friend Beppo ; The furious storm Victor 31829. Matrix/Take: C-10246/1.
- Contributor: Scribe, Eugène - Auber, D. F. E. - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1911-05-01
Audio RecordingGems from Patience
Patience. Selections | Twenty love-sick maidens we ; The soldiers of our queen ; Love is a plaintive song ; A most intense young man ; I hear the soft note ; O list, while we our love confess Victor 31816. Matrix/Take: C-9904/3.
- Contributor: Sullivan, Arthur - Gilbert, W. S. - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1911-02-03
Audio RecordingGems from The wizard of the Nile
Wizard of the Nile. Selections | Bang, bang, the most harmonious song ; That's one thing a wizard can do ; Nature's song is of a dream ; Starlight, star bright ; My Angeline ; A cheer for Kibosh Victor 31834. Matrix/Take: C-10392/6.
- Contributor: Herbert, Victor - Smith, Harry Bache - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1911-06-06
Audio RecordingBridal chorus
Faithful and true | Lohengrin | Lohengrin. Treulich gefuhrt; arranged Victor 31846. Matrix/Take: C-10622/7.
- Contributor: Wagner, Richard - Victor Light Opera Company - Victor Opera Chorus [i.e., Victor Light Opera Company]
- Date: 1911-11-29