Audio Recording No candle was there and no fire Breton Christmas song
About this Item
- No candle was there and no fire
- Other Title
- Breton Christmas song
- Female vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Lehmann, Liza -- Composer
- Wheeler, Elizabeth -- Vocalist -- Soprano Vocal
- Victor Orchestra -- Musical Group
- Gostling, Frances M. -- Lyricist
- Popular music
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-12247 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lehmann, Liza, Elizabeth Wheeler, Victor Orchestra, and Frances M Gostling. No Candle Was There and No Fire. 1912. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132015/.
APA citation style:
Lehmann, L., Wheeler, E., Victor Orchestra & Gostling, F. M. (1912) No Candle Was There and No Fire. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132015/.
MLA citation style:
Lehmann, Liza, et al. No Candle Was There and No Fire. 1912. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132015/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingChristmas songs and carols
Christians, awake ; O little town of Bethlehem ; God rest you merry gentlemen ; The first nowell ; Silent night Victor 31873. Matrix/Take: C-12506/3.
- Contributor: Wheeler, Elizabeth - Victor Mixed Chorus - Hooley, William F. - Spencer, Elizabeth - Trinity Choir - Werrenrath, Reinald - Baker, Elsie - Macdonough, Harry - Murphy, Lambert - Victor Orchestra - Dunlap, Marguerite - Kline, Olive - Pasternack, Josef - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle
- Date: 1912-10-10
Audio RecordingSaw ye my Saviour?
Christian Science communion hymn Victor 64720. Matrix/Take: B-12208/00.
- Contributor: Eddy, Mary Baker - Hamlin, George - Rogers, Walter - Victor Orchestra - Brackett, Lyman F.
- Date: 1915-09-14
Audio RecordingStille Nacht, heilige Nacht
German Christmas hymn Victor 17187. Matrix/Take: B-12047/1.
- Contributor: Dunlap, Marguerite - Mohr, Joseph - Victor Orchestra - Gruber, Franz Xaver
- Date: 1912-05-27
Audio RecordingAbide with me Victor 87132. Matrix/Take: B-12846/1.
- Contributor: Homer, Louise - Monk, William Henry - Victor Orchestra - Gluck, Alma - Lyte, Henry Francis
- Date: 1913-01-25
Audio RecordingThe rosary
Rosary Victor 17234. Matrix/Take: B-9153/00.
- Contributor: Nevin, Ethelbert Woodbridge - Wells, John Barnes - Victor Orchestra - Rogers, Robert Cameron
- Date: 1910-08-19