Audio Recording The hour of love
About this Item
- The hour of love
- Male vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- McDonnell, Therese H. -- Lyricist
- Wheeler, Frederick J. -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Weymann, Herbert W. -- Composer
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-12757 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcdonnell, Therese H, Frederick J Wheeler, and Herbert W Weymann. The Hour of Love. 1912. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132551/.
APA citation style:
McDonnell, T. H., Wheeler, F. J. & Weymann, H. W. (1912) The Hour of Love. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132551/.
MLA citation style:
Mcdonnell, Therese H, Frederick J Wheeler, and Herbert W Weymann. The Hour of Love. 1912. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132551/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe outlaw's song
The time will come | Prince Ananias Victor 17098. Matrix/Take: B-11300/1.
- Contributor: Herbert, Victor - Dixon, Fred - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1911-11-23
Audio RecordingGems from Girofle-Girofla
Girofle-Girofla. Selections | Of all the charms of our profession ; Then not away (Dearest Papa, here's Girofla) ; I am the son of Marasquin and Company Victor 31827. Matrix/Take: C-10103/3.
- Contributor: Marsh, Lucy Isabelle - Wheeler, Frederick J. - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Vanloo, Albert - Victor Light Opera Company - Lecocq, Charles - Wheeler, William
- Date: 1911-03-27
Audio RecordingAnvil chorus
Il trovatore | Trovatore. Vedi! le fosche notturne spoglie; arranged Victor 17563. Matrix/Take: B-14446/1.
- Contributor: Wheeler, Frederick J. - Harrison, Charles - Victor Male Chorus - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Verdi, Giuseppe - Glenn, Wilfred - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1914-02-11
Audio RecordingPilgrims' chorus
Tannhauser | Tannhauser. Pilgerchor; arranged Victor 17563. Matrix/Take: B-14445/3.
- Contributor: Wheeler, Frederick J. - Harrison, Charles - Wagner, Richard - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Victor Male Chorus - Murphy, Lambert - Glenn, Wilfred - Dudley, S. H.
- Date: 1914-02-11
Audio RecordingGondolier's song
Gondellied Victor 17135. Matrix/Take: B-12000/3.
- Contributor: Baker, Elsie - Graben-Hoffmann, Gustav - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1912-05-10