Audio Recording Trio from prison scene Faust / Faust. Alerte! alerte!; arranged
About this Item
- Trio from prison scene
- Other Title
- Faust. Alerte! alerte!; arranged
- Vocal trio (soprano, tenor, and baritone), with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Gounod, Charles -- Composer
- Victor Opera Trio -- Vocal Group
- Macdonough, Harry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Marsh, Lucy Isabelle -- Vocalist -- Soprano Vocal
- Werrenrath, Reinald -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Classical music
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-12821 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gounod, Charles, Victor Opera Trio, Harry Macdonough, Lucy Isabelle Marsh, and Reinald Werrenrath. Trio from Prison Scene. 1913. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132679/.
APA citation style:
Gounod, C., Victor Opera Trio, Macdonough, H., Marsh, L. I. & Werrenrath, R. (1913) Trio from Prison Scene. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132679/.
MLA citation style:
Gounod, Charles, et al. Trio from Prison Scene. 1913. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-132679/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe chimes of Normandy : Gems
The chimes of Normandy | Cloches de Corneville. Selections | Silent heroes ; Just look at this, just look at that ; Cold sweat is on my brow ; That night I'll ne'er forget ; Bell chorus Victor 31788. Matrix/Take: C-8817/3.
- Contributor: Wheeler, Elizabeth - Planquette, Robert - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Wheeler, William - Cooney, Myron A. - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1910-04-08
Audio RecordingRigoletto quartet
Rigoletto. Quartetto | Bella figlia dell' amore | Rigoletto | Fairest daughter of the Graces Victor 55066. Matrix/Take: C-10720/14.
- Contributor: Kimball, Agnes - Victor Opera Quartet - Dunlap, Marguerite - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Victor Orchestra - Verdi, Giuseppe - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle
- Date: 1912-03-29
Audio RecordingGems from The tales of Hoffmann
Contes d'Hoffmann. Selections | Our good host's entertainment ; Song of Olympia ; Hear him his tales disclose ; Ah, now within my heart ; Oh, night divine ; See, she dances ; Fill up our glasses Victor 35337. Matrix/Take: C-11144/2.
- Contributor: Wheeler, Elizabeth - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Stevenson, Elise - Murphy, Lambert - Offenbach, Jacques - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle - Victor Light Opera Company
- Date: 1911-10-27
Audio RecordingGems from Pinafore
H.M.S. Pinafore. Selections | Part 1 | We sail the ocean blue ; A maiden fair to see ; I am monarch of the sea ; I'm called 'Little Buttercup' ; Captain of the Pinafore ; His foot should stamp Victor 35386. Matrix/Take: C-8613/19.
- Contributor: Gilbert, W. S. - Dudley, S. H. - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Sullivan, Arthur - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Bieling, John H. - Gunster, Frederick - Kline, Olive - Victor Light Opera Company - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle
- Date: 1914-03-12
Audio RecordingLucia sextette : Chi mi frena
Lucia di Lammermoor | Lucia di Lammermoor. Chi mi frena in tal momento | What restrains me? Victor 70036. Matrix/Take: C-10101/00.
- Contributor: Donizetti, Gaetano - Victor Opera Sextette - Dunlap, Marguerite - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Kline, Olive - Wheeler, William - Glenn, Wilfred - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle
- Date: 1915-12-13