Audio Recording Hail, Pennsylvania!
About this Item
- Hail, Pennsylvania!
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- L'vov, Alekseĭ Fedorovich -- Composer
- Peerless Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Burr, Henry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Dilley, Edgar M. -- Lyricist
- Collins, Arthur -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Campbell, Albert -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Meyer, John H. -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Popular music
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-13313 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Burr, Henry
- Campbell, Albert
- Collins, Arthur
- Dilley, Edgar M.
- L'vov, Alekseĭ Fedorovich
- Meyer, John H.
- Peerless Quartet
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
L'Vov, Alekseĭ Fedorovich, Peerless Quartet, Henry Burr, Edgar M Dilley, Arthur Collins, Albert Campbell, and John H Meyer. Hail, Pennsylvania!. 1913. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-133348/.
APA citation style:
L'Vov, A. F., Peerless Quartet, Burr, H., Dilley, E. M., Collins, A., Campbell, A. & Meyer, J. H. (1913) Hail, Pennsylvania!. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-133348/.
MLA citation style:
L'Vov, Alekseĭ Fedorovich, et al. Hail, Pennsylvania!. 1913. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-133348/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingDown on the levee
Sunshine ; No use awaitin' till to-morrow ; Oh, my yaller gal ; On the Mississippi ; Hallelujah ; Checkerboard suit ; Take your feet out of the sand | Jubilee medley Victor 35233. Matrix/Take: C-12260/3.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Campbell, Albert - Morse, Theodore F. - Meyer, John H.
- Date: 1912-07-22
Audio RecordingHere's love and success to you Victor 17131. Matrix/Take: B-11559/3.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Graff, George - Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Ball, Ernest R. - Campbell, Albert - Meyer, John H.
- Date: 1912-05-07
Audio RecordingBy the old cathedral door Victor 17175. Matrix/Take: B-11756/4.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Lamb, Arthur J. - Burr, Henry - Winkler, O. - Solman, Alfred - Peerless Quartet - Campbell, Albert - Meyer, John H.
- Date: 1912-03-28
Audio RecordingJimmy Valentine
Descriptive specialty Victor 17036. Matrix/Take: B-10846/4.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Campbell, Albert - Edwards, Gus - Meyer, John H. - Madden, Edward
- Date: 1911-12-11
Audio RecordingHe's a rag picker Victor 17655. Matrix/Take: B-15208/3.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Burr, Henry - Bourdon, Rosario - Peerless Quartet - Berlin, Irving - Campbell, Albert - Meyer, John H. - McClaskey, Harry
- Date: 1914-09-21