Audio Recording That's a real moving picture from life That's a real moving picture from life
About this Item
- That's a real moving picture from life
- Other Title
- That's a real moving picture from life
- Male vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Von Tilzer, Harry: composer
- Watkins, Billy: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Sterling, Andrew B.: lyricist
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Watkins, Billy, performing. Victor 17586. Matrix/Take: B-14635/2.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Von Tilzer, Harry: Composer, Billy: Vocalist Watkins, and Andrew B.: Lyricist Sterling. That's a Real Moving Picture from Life. 1914. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-134830/.
APA citation style:
Von Tilzer, H. C., Watkins, B. V. & Sterling, A. B.:. L. (1914) That's a Real Moving Picture from Life. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-134830/.
MLA citation style:
Von Tilzer, Harry: Composer, Billy: Vocalist Watkins, and Andrew B.: Lyricist Sterling. That's a Real Moving Picture from Life. 1914. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-134830/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingSomebody else is gettin' it
Somebody else is gettin' it Morton, Ed, performing. Victor 17151. Matrix/Take: B-12141/2.
- Contributor: Morton, Ed - Sterling, Andrew B. - Von Tilzer, Harry - Sterling, Andrew
- Date: 1912-06-24
Audio RecordingI wonder who wished her on me
I wonder who wished her on me Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 17792. Matrix/Take: B-16005/2.
- Contributor: Levy, Ted - Sterling, Andrew B. - Von Tilzer, Harry - Murray, Billy - Sterling, Andrew
- Date: 1915-05-07
Audio RecordingLast night was the end of the world
Last night was the end of the world Burr, Henry, performing. Victor 17339. Matrix/Take: B-13002/3.
- Contributor: Von Tilzer, Harry - Sterling, Andrew B. - Burr, Henry - Sterling, Andrew
- Date: 1913-04-07
Audio RecordingHands off!
Hands off! Kaufman, Irving, performing. Victor 17589. Matrix/Take: B-14722/2.
- Contributor: Sterling, Andrew B. - Sterling, Andrew - Von Tilzer, Harry - Kaufman, Irving
- Date: 1914-04-17
Audio RecordingWhen the harvest moon is shining
When the harvest moon is shining Hart, Charles, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. James, Lewis, performing. Victor 18668. Matrix/Take: B-23572/9.
- Contributor: Sterling, Andrew - Bourdon, Rosario - Hart, Charles - Rattay, Howard - Von Tilzer, Harry - James, Lewis - Sterling, Andrew B.
- Date: 1920-03-12