Audio Recording Don't bite the hand that's feeding you Don't bite the hand that's feeding you
About this Item
- Don't bite the hand that's feeding you
- Other Title
- Don't bite the hand that's feeding you
- Male vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Morgan, Jimmie: composer
- Kaufman, Irving: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Hoier, Thomas P.: lyricist
- Rogers, Walter B. : conductor
- Ethnic characterizations
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Kaufman, Irving, performing. Victor 17942. Matrix/Take: B-16899/2.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morgan, Jimmie: Composer, Irving: Vocalist Kaufman, Thomas P.: Lyricist Hoier, and Walter B.: Conductor Rogers. Don't Bite the Hand That's Feeding You. 1915. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-15777/.
APA citation style:
Morgan, J. C., Kaufman, I. V., Hoier, T. P.:. L. & Rogers, W. B.:. C. (1915) Don't Bite the Hand That's Feeding You. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-15777/.
MLA citation style:
Morgan, Jimmie: Composer, et al. Don't Bite the Hand That's Feeding You. 1915. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-15777/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingYaaka hula hickey dula
Hawaiian love song | Yaaka hula hickey dula Avon Comedy Four, performing. Smith, Joe, performing. Dale, Charlie, performing. Goodwin, Harry, performing. Kaufman, Irving, performing. Victor 18081. Matrix/Take: B-17812/2.
- Contributor: Dale, Charlie - Avon Comedy Four - Goetz, E. Ray - Smith, Joe - Young, Joe - Rogers, Walter - Goodwin, Harry - Kaufman, Irving - Wendling, Pete
- Date: 1916-06-07
Audio RecordingChinese blues
Chinese blues Kaufman, Irving, performing. Victor 17919. Matrix/Take: B-16790/2.
- Contributor: Moore, Fred D. - Gardner, Oscar - Rogers, Walter - Kaufman, Irving
- Date: 1915-11-18
Audio RecordingDixie land
Dixie land Cheatham, Kitty, performing. Victor 45094. Matrix/Take: B-17031/4.
- Contributor: Cheatham, Kitty - Rogers, Walter - Emmett, Daniel Decatur
- Date: 1916-04-25
Audio RecordingBonnie Maggie Tamson
There's no' another lass like the lass I love | Bonnie Maggie Tamson Lauder, Harry, performing. Victor 70116. Matrix/Take: C-17180/1.
- Contributor: Lauder, Harry - Rogers, Walter
- Date: 1916-02-18
Audio RecordingOn the road to Mandalay
On the road to Mandalay Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 35476. Matrix/Take: C-15238/2.
- Contributor: Speaks, Oley - Rogers, Walter - Kipling, Rudyard - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1914-10-01