Audio Recording In the garden
About this Item
- In the garden
- Female-male vocal duet, with organ and brass quartet
- Contributor Names
- Rogers, Walter B. -- Conductor
- Asher, William, Mrs. -- Vocalist -- Contralto
- Rodeheaver, Homer A. -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Miles, C. Austin -- Composer
- Fuchs, Jacob C. -- Instrumentalist -- Cornet
- Levy, Ted -- Instrumentalist -- Organ
- Schrader, Fred -- Instrumentalist -- Trombone
- Keneke, Emil -- Instrumentalist -- Cornet
- Stoll, Fred -- Instrumentalist -- Trombone
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-17222 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Asher, William, Mrs
- Fuchs, Jacob C.
- Keneke, Emil
- Levy, Ted
- Miles, C. Austin
- Rodeheaver, Homer A.
- Rogers, Walter
- Schrader, Fred
- Stoll, Fred
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rogers, Walter B, William Asher, Homer A Rodeheaver, C. Austin Miles, Jacob C Fuchs, Ted Levy, Fred Schrader, Emil Keneke, and Fred Stoll. In the Garden. 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16658/.
APA citation style:
Rogers, W. B., Asher, W., Rodeheaver, H. A., Miles, C. A., Fuchs, J. C., Levy, T. [...] Stoll, F. (1916) In the Garden. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16658/.
MLA citation style:
Rogers, Walter B, et al. In the Garden. 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16658/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingSomebody cares Victor 17989. Matrix/Take: B-17224/4.
- Contributor: Keneke, Emil - Asher, William, Mrs - Rodeheaver, Homer A. - Levy, Ted - Schrader, Fred - Rogers, Walter - Stafford, Fannie E. - Fuchs, Jacob C. - Stoll, Fred
- Date: 1916-02-26
Audio RecordingNobody like Jesus Victor 17989. Matrix/Take: B-17225/2.
- Contributor: Keneke, Emil - Gabriel, Charles Hutchinson - Asher, William, Mrs - Schrader, Fred - Rogers, Walter - Fuchs, Jacob C. - Stoll, Fred - Mapes, Edith
- Date: 1916-02-26
Audio RecordingGospel songs, no. 2
Billy Sunday hymns | I am coming home ; I walk with the King ; If your heart keeps right ; De brewer's big hosses ; Sweeter as the years go by ; Since Jesus came into my heart ; Brighten the corner where you are Victor 35510. Matrix/Take: C-16735/6.
- Contributor: Keneke, Emil - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Glenn, Wilfred - Victor Mixed Chorus - Levy, Ted - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Schrader, Fred - Murphy, Lambert - Rattay, Howard ... Keneke, Emil - Wheeler, Elizabeth - Glenn, Wilfred - Victor Mixed Chorus - Levy, Ted - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Schrader, Fred - Murphy, Lambert - Rattay, Howard - Rogers, Walter - Reitz, William H. - Dunlap, Marguerite - Fuchs, Jacob C. - Marsh, Lucy Isabelle - Kline, Olive - Wheeler, William
- Date: 1915-11-08
Audio RecordingSweeter as the years go by
Revival hymn Victor 17773. Matrix/Take: B-15859/1.
- Contributor: Rogers, Walter - Morris, C. H., Mrs - Schrader, Fred - Rodeheaver, Homer A.
- Date: 1915-04-03
Audio RecordingMy wonderful dream
Gospel hymn Victor 17988. Matrix/Take: B-17221/2.
- Contributor: Schrader, Fred - Rogers, Walter - Gabriel, Charles Hutchinson - Pounds, Jessie Brown - Rodeheaver, Homer A.
- Date: 1916-02-26