Audio Recording Wake up, America! Wake up, America!
About this Item
- Wake up, America!
- Other Title
- Wake up, America!
- Male vocal solo, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Glogau, Jack: composer
- Wheeler, Frederick J.: vocalist, baritone vocal
- Graff, George: lyricist
- Rogers, Walter B. : conductor
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17991. Matrix/Take: B-17228/3.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Glogau, Jack: Composer, Frederick J.: Vocalist Wheeler, George: Lyricist Graff, and Walter B.: Conductor Rogers. Wake up, America!. 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16676/.
APA citation style:
Glogau, J. C., Wheeler, F. J.:. V., Graff, G. L. & Rogers, W. B.:. C. (1916) Wake up, America!. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16676/.
MLA citation style:
Glogau, Jack: Composer, et al. Wake up, America!. 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-16676/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingOn the road to Mandalay
On the road to Mandalay Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 35476. Matrix/Take: C-15238/2.
- Contributor: Speaks, Oley - Rogers, Walter - Kipling, Rudyard - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1914-10-01
Audio RecordingKeep the home-fires burning till the boys come home
Keep the home-fires burning till the boys come home Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17881. Matrix/Take: B-16626/3.
- Contributor: Ford, Lena Guilbert - Rogers, Walter - Novello, Ivor - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1915-10-08
Audio RecordingThe drummer-boy
The drummer-boy Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17881. Matrix/Take: B-16627/3.
- Contributor: German, Edward - Boulton, Harold - Rogers, Walter - Wheeler, Frederick J.
- Date: 1915-10-08
Audio RecordingIf the world should end tomorrow, I'd be tonight with you
If the world should end tomorrow, I'd be tonight with you Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17916. Matrix/Take: B-16714/3.
- Contributor: Fisher, Fred - Rogers, Walter - Wheeler, Frederick J. - Jackson, Arthur J.
- Date: 1915-10-25
Audio RecordingThe little house upon the hill
The little house upon the hill Harrison, James F., performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Reed, James, performing. Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17732. Matrix/Take: B-15612/2.
- Contributor: Reed, James - Wheeler, Frederick J. - Goodwin, Joe - Puck, Harry - Rogers, Walter - Macdonald, Ballard - Harrison, James F. - Miller, Reed
- Date: 1915-01-20