Audio Recording I'm saving up the means to get to New Orleans
About this Item
- I'm saving up the means to get to New Orleans
- Male vocal duet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Bourdon, Rosario -- Conductor
- Collins, Arthur -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Collins and Harlan -- Vocal Group
- Harlan, Byron G. -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Johnson, Howard E. -- Lyricist
- De Costa, Harry -- Composer
- Ethnic characterizations
- Humorous songs
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-17771 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bourdon, Rosario
- Collins and Harlan
- Collins, Arthur
- De Costa, Harry
- Harlan, Byron G.
- Johnson, Howard E.
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bourdon, Rosario, Arthur Collins, Collins And Harlan, Byron G Harlan, Howard E Johnson, and Harry De Costa. I'm saving up the means to get to New Orleans. 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17966/.
APA citation style:
Bourdon, R., Collins, A., Collins And Harlan, Harlan, B. G., Johnson, H. E. & De Costa, H. (1916) I'm saving up the means to get to New Orleans. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17966/.
MLA citation style:
Bourdon, Rosario, et al. I'm saving up the means to get to New Orleans. 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-17966/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingMy lovin' Lou Victor 18089. Matrix/Take: B-17770/1.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan - Kendis, James - Harlan, Byron G.
- Date: 1916-05-31
Audio RecordingThey're wearing them higher in Hawaii Victor 18210. Matrix/Take: B-18768/2.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan - Goodwin, Joe - Bourdon, Rosario - Harlan, Byron G. - Mohr, Halsey K.
- Date: 1916-12-04
Audio RecordingHonest Injun Victor 18128. Matrix/Take: B-18131/3.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan - Bourdon, Rosario - Moran, Eddie - Von Tilzer, Harry - Harlan, Byron G. - Sterling, Andrew B.
- Date: 1916-07-19
Audio Recording'Way down in Borneo-o-o Victor 18067. Matrix/Take: B-17574/2.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan - Flynn, John H. - Bourdon, Rosario - Piantadosi, AL - Harlan, Byron G.
- Date: 1916-05-01
Audio RecordingCasey Jones went down on the Robert E. Lee Victor 17246. Matrix/Take: B-12716/2.
- Contributor: Harlan, Byron G. - Collins and Harlan - Jones, Clarence M. - Lee, Marvin - Collins, Arthur
- Date: 1912-12-13