Audio Recording Charmant oiseau Perle du Bresil / Thou brilliant bird / Perle du Bresil. Charmant oiseau
About this Item
- Charmant oiseau
- Other Title
- Perle du Bresil
- Thou brilliant bird
- Perle du Bresil. Charmant oiseau
- Soprano vocal solo, with flute and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- David, Félicien -- Composer
- Garrison, Mabel -- Vocalist -- Soprano Vocal
- Pasternack, Josef -- Conductor
- Barone, Clement -- Instrumentalist -- Flute
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- C-20036 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
David, Félicien, Mabel Garrison, Josef Pasternack, and Clement Barone. Charmant Oiseau. 1917. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186079/.
APA citation style:
David, F., Garrison, M., Pasternack, J. & Barone, C. (1917) Charmant Oiseau. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186079/.
MLA citation style:
David, Félicien, et al. Charmant Oiseau. 1917. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186079/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingCharmant oiseau
La perle du Bresil | Thou brilliant bird | Perle du Bresil. Charmant oiseau Victor 74552. Matrix/Take: C-20664/4.
- Contributor: Barone, Clement - Galli-Curci, Amelita - Pasternack, Josef - David, Félicien
- Date: 1917-09-14
Audio RecordingI dreamt I dwelt in marble halls
The Bohemian girl | Bohemian girl. I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls Victor 64641. Matrix/Take: B-18980/2.
- Contributor: Balfe, Michael William - Garrison, Mabel - Pasternack, Josef - Bunn, Alfred
- Date: 1917-01-11
Audio RecordingHymne au soleil
Le coq d'or | Zolotoi petushok. Otvet' mne | Air of the queen of Shemakha Victor 64790. Matrix/Take: B-21942/2.
- Contributor: Garrison, Mabel - Pasternack, Josef - Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay
- Date: 1918-05-31
Audio RecordingLa ci darem la mano
Don Giovanni | Don Giovanni. La ci darem la mano Victor 87569. Matrix/Take: B-23741/2.
- Contributor: Garrison, Mabel - Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus - Pasternack, Josef - Werrenrath, Reinald
- Date: 1920-02-18
Audio RecordingIl dolce suono
Mad scene | Lucia di Lammermoor | Lucia di Lammermoor. Dolce suono Victor 74509. Matrix/Take: C-18587/6.
- Contributor: Barone, Clement - Galli-Curci, Amelita - Pasternack, Josef - Donizetti, Gaetano
- Date: 1917-02-01