Audio Recording Fair Hawaii Fair Hawaii
About this Item
- Fair Hawaii
- Other Title
- Fair Hawaii
- Female-male vocal duet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Kutz, James Fulton : composer
- Brown, Edna: vocalist, contralto
- Rogers, Walter B. : conductor
- Reed, James: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Baker, Elsie: vocalist, contralto
- Miller, Reed: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Kutz, James Fulton : lyricist
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Brown, Edna, performing. Reed, James, performing. Baker, Elsie, performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Victor 18032. Matrix/Take: B-17454/1.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kutz, James Fulton: Composer, Edna: Vocalist Brown, Walter B.: Conductor Rogers, James: Vocalist Reed, Elsie: Vocalist Baker, Reed: Vocalist Miller, and James Fulton: Lyricist Kutz. Fair Hawaii. 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186892/.
APA citation style:
Kutz, J. F.:. C., Brown, E. V., Rogers, W. B.:. C., Reed, J. V., Baker, E. V., Miller, R. V. & Kutz, J. F.:. L. (1916) Fair Hawaii. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186892/.
MLA citation style:
Kutz, James Fulton: Composer, et al. Fair Hawaii. 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-186892/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Croon-time Baker, Elsie, performing. Reed, James, performing. Brown, Edna, performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Victor 18022. Matrix/Take: B-17455/3.
- Contributor: Shannon, J. R. - Reed, James - Miller, Reed - Brown, Edna - Baker, Elsie - Rogers, Walter - Johnson, Chas. L.
- Date: 1916-04-06
Audio RecordingI never knew
I never knew | Canary cottage Brown, Edna, performing. Reed, James, performing. Baker, Elsie, performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Victor 18103. Matrix/Take: B-18008/2.
- Contributor: Carroll, Earl - Reed, James - Brown, Edna - Bourdon, Rosario - Baker, Elsie - Miller, Reed
- Date: 1916-06-22
Audio RecordingSprinkle me with kisses
Sprinkle me with kisses Baker, Elsie, performing. Brown, Edna, performing. Victor 17790. Matrix/Take: B-16006/1.
- Contributor: Baker, Elsie - Carroll, Earl - Rogers, Walter - Ball, Ernest R. - Brown, Edna
- Date: 1915-05-07
Audio RecordingThe little house upon the hill
The little house upon the hill Harrison, James F., performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Reed, James, performing. Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Victor 17732. Matrix/Take: B-15612/2.
- Contributor: Reed, James - Wheeler, Frederick J. - Goodwin, Joe - Puck, Harry - Rogers, Walter - Macdonald, Ballard - Harrison, James F. - Miller, Reed
- Date: 1915-01-20
Audio RecordingOver the hills to Mary
Over the hills to Mary Reed, James, performing. Harrison, James F., performing. Wheeler, Frederick J., performing. Miller, Reed, performing. Victor 17753. Matrix/Take: B-15613/2.
- Contributor: Reed, James - Wells, Jack - Wheeler, Frederick J. - Rogers, Walter - Miller, Reed - Harrison, James F. - Bryan, Alfred
- Date: 1915-01-20