Audio Recording Mystery! Medley fox trot / Mystery! / Mystery! ; Freckles
About this Item
- Other Title
- Medley fox trot
- Mystery! ; Freckles
- Jazz/dance band
- Contributor Names
- Cirina, Joseph A.: composer
- Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra: Musical group
- Biese, Paul: leader
- Johnson, Howard E.: composer
- Hess, Cliff: composer
- Ager, Milton: composer
- Ragtime, jazz, and more
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra, performing. Victor 18647. Matrix/Take: B-23379/1.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Ager, Milton
- Biese, Paul
- Cirina, Joseph A.
- Hess, Cliff
- Johnson, Howard E.
- Paul Biese's Novelty Orchestra
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cirina, Joseph A.: Composer, Paul Biese'S Novelty Orchestra: Musical Group, Paul: Leader Biese, Howard E.: Composer Johnson, Cliff: Composer Hess, and Milton: Composer Ager. Mystery!. 1919. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-188628/.
APA citation style:
Cirina, J. A.:. C., Paul Biese'S Novelty Orchestra: Musical Group, Biese, P. L., Johnson, H. E.:. C., Hess, C. C. & Ager, M. C. (1919) Mystery!. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-188628/.
MLA citation style:
Cirina, Joseph A.: Composer, et al. Mystery!. 1919. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-188628/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Fox trot | Bo-la-bo Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra, performing. Victor 18654. Matrix/Take: B-23392/1.
- Contributor: Fairman, George - Biese, Paul - Paul Biese's Novelty Orchestra
- Date: 1919-12-20
Audio RecordingHarem life
Oriental fox trot | Harem life Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra, performing. Victor 18654. Matrix/Take: B-23380/2.
- Contributor: Helm, Mornay D. - Biese, Paul - Paul Biese's Novelty Orchestra - Berlin, Irving
- Date: 1919-12-16
Audio RecordingWhen you're alone
Fox trot | When you're alone Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra, performing. Victor 18662. Matrix/Take: B-23377/1.
- Contributor: Eastwood, Ted - Paul Biese's Novelty Orchestra - Spencer, Otis - Biese, Paul
- Date: 1919-12-16
Medley fox trot | Oh! | Oh! ; Just like the rose Paul Biese’s Novelty Orchestra, performing. Victor 18647. Matrix/Take: B-23378/2.
- Contributor: Bridges, Ethel - Biese, Paul - Johnson, Arnold - Paul Biese's Novelty Orchestra - Gay, Byron
- Date: 1919-12-16
Audio RecordingLouisville Lou
Fox trot | Louisville Lou | The vampin' lady Arthur Gibbs and his Gang, performing. Victor 19070. Matrix/Take: B-27850/4.
- Contributor: Arthur Gibbs and His Gang - Ager, Milton - Gibbs, Arthur
- Date: 1923-04-24