Audio Recording A stein song
About this Item
- A stein song
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Bullard, Frederic Field -- Composer
- Orpheus Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Macdonough, Harry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Rogers, Walter B. -- Conductor
- Werrenrath, Reinald -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Murphy, Lambert -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Hovey, Richard -- Lyricist
- Glenn, Wilfred -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Popular music
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-16751 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bullard, Frederic Field
- Glenn, Wilfred
- Hovey, Richard
- Macdonough, Harry
- Murphy, Lambert
- Orpheus Quartet
- Rogers, Walter
- Werrenrath, Reinald
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bullard, Frederic Field, Orpheus Quartet, Harry Macdonough, Walter B Rogers, Reinald Werrenrath, Lambert Murphy, Richard Hovey, and Wilfred Glenn. A Stein Song. 1915. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189198/.
APA citation style:
Bullard, F. F., Orpheus Quartet, Macdonough, H., Rogers, W. B., Werrenrath, R., Murphy, L. [...] Glenn, W. (1915) A Stein Song. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189198/.
MLA citation style:
Bullard, Frederic Field, et al. A Stein Song. 1915. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189198/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingSongs of good fellowship
Drinking song medley | A stein song ; Heidelberg ; Budweiser's a friend of mine ; Down deep within the cellar ; For he's a jolly good fellow ; Good-night, ladies ; We won't go home 'til morning ; Auld lang syne Victor 35573. Matrix/Take: C-18077/2.
- Contributor: Pixley, Frank - Oxenford, Edward - Bullard, Frederic Field - Wiederhold, Albert - Glenn, Wilfred - Hovey, Richard - Wells, John Barnes - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Fischer, Karl Ludwig ... Pixley, Frank - Oxenford, Edward - Bullard, Frederic Field - Wiederhold, Albert - Glenn, Wilfred - Hovey, Richard - Wells, John Barnes - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Fischer, Karl Ludwig - Murphy, Lambert - Victor Male Chorus - Bryan, Vincent - Werrenrath, Reinald - Furth, Seymour - Rogers, Walter - Wheeler, William - Stuart, Herbert - Luders, Gustav
- Date: 1916-07-07
Audio RecordingSwing along Victor 17899. Matrix/Take: B-16752/1.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Glenn, Wilfred - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Cook, Will Marion - Rogers, Walter - Murphy, Lambert
- Date: 1915-11-05
Audio RecordingWhen you come back (And you will come back, there's the whole world waiting for you) Victor 18494. Matrix/Take: B-22141/3.
- Contributor: Dixon, Raymond - Cohan, George M. - Orpheus Quartet - Glenn, Wilfred - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1918-07-12
Audio RecordingSong of the Vikings Victor 55055. Matrix/Take: C-16221/3.
- Contributor: Ryder, A. H. - Glenn, Wilfred - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Faning, Eaton - Rogers, Walter - Murphy, Lambert - Victor Male Quartet - Gibney, Somerville
- Date: 1915-07-16
Audio RecordingA little birch canoe and you Victor 45156. Matrix/Take: B-22263/4.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Glenn, Wilfred - Roberts, Lee S. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Callahan, J. Will - Baker, Elsie - Murphy, Lambert - Kline, Olive - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1918-10-31