Audio Recording Wonderful one Waltz / Wonderful one / Maravilloso
About this Item
- Wonderful one
- Other Title
- Wonderful one
- Jazz/dance band
- Contributor Names
- Grofé, Ferde: composer
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra : Musical group
- Whiteman, Paul: leader
- Whiteman, Paul: composer
- Grofé, Ferde: instrumentalist, piano
- Neilan, Marshall A.: composer
- Lang, Jack: instrumentalist, piano
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Lang, Jack, performing. Victor 19019. Matrix/Take: B-27432/3.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Grofé, Ferde: Composer, Paul Whiteman Orchestra: Musical Group, Paul: Leader Whiteman, Paul: Composer Whiteman, Ferde: Instrumentalist Grofé, Marshall A.: Composer Neilan, and Jack: Instrumentalist Lang. Wonderful One. 1923. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189742/.
APA citation style:
Grofé, F. C., Paul Whiteman Orchestra: Musical Group, Whiteman, P. L., Whiteman, P. C., Grofé, F. I., Neilan, M. A.:. C. & Lang, J. I. (1923) Wonderful One. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189742/.
MLA citation style:
Grofé, Ferde: Composer, et al. Wonderful One. 1923. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-189742/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThey call it dancing
Medley fox trot | They call it dancing | Music Box revue | The schoolhouse blues Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Lange, Henry, performing. Victor 18856. Matrix/Take: B-26008/8.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Lange, Henry - Grofé, Ferde - Berlin, Irving - Whiteman, Paul
- Date: 1922-01-06
Audio RecordingAll for you
Medley fox trot | All for you | Happiness Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Johnson, Arnold, performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Victor 35708. Matrix/Take: C-25005/3.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Johnson, Arnold - Meyer, George W. - Grofé, Ferde - Whiteman, Paul
- Date: 1921-03-16
Audio RecordingLady of the evening
Fox trot | Lady of the evening | Music Box revue Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Lang, Jack, performing. Victor 19016. Matrix/Take: B-27430/2.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Lang, Jack - Berlin, Irving - Whiteman, Paul
- Date: 1923-01-25
Medley fox trot | Rosie | Tired of me McDonald, Harold, performing. Heiss, Sammy, performing. Pingitore, Mike, performing. Busse, Henry, performing. Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Lewis, Sam, performing. Byers, Hale, performing. Gorman, Ross, performing. Gorman, Ross, performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing....
- Contributor: McDonald, Harold - Busse, Henry - Whiteman, Paul - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Gorman, Ross - Merkur, Jacob Louis - Heiss, Sammy - Pingitore, Mike - Donaldson, Walter - Grofé, Ferde - Lewis, Sam - Byers, Hale
- Date: 1920-12-29
Fox trot | Falling Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Victor 19033. Matrix/Take: B-27450/4.
- Contributor: Whiteman, Paul - Collins, Will - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Fields, Buddy - King, Edward T. - Grofé, Ferde - Cameron, Ed
- Date: 1923-02-02