Audio Recording Mammy's little coal black Rose
About this Item
- Mammy's little coal black Rose
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Whiting, Richard A. -- Composer
- Orpheus Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Bourdon, Rosario -- Conductor
- Egan, Raymond B. -- Lyricist
- Murphy, Lambert -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Macdonough, Harry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Hooley, William F. -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Werrenrath, Reinald -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Popular music
- Ethnic characterizations
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-18379 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bourdon, Rosario
- Egan, Raymond
- Egan, Raymond B.
- Hooley, William F.
- Macdonough, Harry
- Murphy, Lambert
- Orpheus Quartet
- Werrenrath, Reinald
- Whiting, Richard A.
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Whiting, Richard A, Orpheus Quartet, Rosario Bourdon, Raymond B Egan, Lambert Murphy, Harry Macdonough, William F Hooley, and Reinald Werrenrath. Mammy's little coal black Rose. 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-19496/.
APA citation style:
Whiting, R. A., Orpheus Quartet, Bourdon, R., Egan, R. B., Murphy, L., Macdonough, H. [...] Werrenrath, R. (1916) Mammy's little coal black Rose. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-19496/.
MLA citation style:
Whiting, Richard A, et al. Mammy's little coal black Rose. 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-19496/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingAin't you coming back to Dixieland Victor 18325. Matrix/Take: B-20034/2.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Egan, Raymond - Egan, Raymond B. - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Pasternack, Josef - Whiting, Richard A.
- Date: 1917-06-13
Audio RecordingCarry me back to old Virginny
Plantation melody Victor 18195. Matrix/Take: B-18569/1.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert - Bland, James A. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1916-10-20
Audio RecordingDoan ye cry, ma honey Victor 45132. Matrix/Take: B-20432/3.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Hooley, William F. - Macdonough, Harry - Werrenrath, Reinald - Noll, Albert W. - Murphy, Lambert - Kline, Olive - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1917-07-20
Audio RecordingTurn back the universe and give me yesterday Victor 18112. Matrix/Take: B-18149/1.
- Contributor: Orpheus Quartet - Hooley, William F. - Bourdon, Rosario - Macdonough, Harry - Ball, Ernest R. - Brennan, J. Keirn - Werrenrath, Reinald - Murphy, Lambert
- Date: 1916-07-25
Audio RecordingThey made it twice as nice as paradise (And they called it Dixieland) Victor 18051. Matrix/Take: B-17591/1.
- Contributor: Egan, Raymond - Bourdon, Rosario - Egan, Raymond B. - O'Hara, Geoffrey - Whiting, Richard A.
- Date: 1916-05-02