Audio Recording France (we have not forgotten you) France (We have not forgotten you)
About this Item
- France (we have not forgotten you)
- Other Title
- France (We have not forgotten you)
- Male vocal solo, with violin duet and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Ager, Milton: composer
- Murphy, Lambert: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Pasternack, Josef: conductor
- Rattay, Howard: instrumentalist, violin
- Clarke, Grant: lyricist
- Witzmann, John: instrumentalist, violin
- Rogers, Howard Emmett: lyricist
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Murphy, Lambert, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Witzmann, John, performing. Victor 45153. Matrix/Take: B-21993/5.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Ager, Milton
- Clarke, Grant
- Murphy, Lambert
- Pasternack, Josef
- Rattay, Howard
- Rogers, Howard Emmett
- Witzmann, John
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ager, Milton: Composer, Lambert: Vocalist Murphy, Josef: Conductor Pasternack, Howard: Instrumentalist Rattay, Grant: Lyricist Clarke, John: Instrumentalist Witzmann, and Howard Emmett: Lyricist Rogers. France We Have Not Forgotten You. 1918. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-29420/.
APA citation style:
Ager, M. C., Murphy, L. V., Pasternack, J. C., Rattay, H. I., Clarke, G. L., Witzmann, J. I. & Rogers, H. E. L. (1918) France We Have Not Forgotten You. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-29420/.
MLA citation style:
Ager, Milton: Composer, et al. France We Have Not Forgotten You. 1918. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-29420/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingMother's hands
Mother's hands Burr, Henry, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18668. Matrix/Take: B-23787/2.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Ager, Milton - Rattay, Howard - Burr, Henry - Clarke, Grant
- Date: 1920-03-29
Audio RecordingI'm in heaven when I'm in my mother's arms (I don't have to die to go ...
I'm in heaven when I'm in my mother's arms (I don't have to die to go to heaven) Robyn, William, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18686. Matrix/Take: B-24169/6.
- Contributor: Pasternack, Josef - Hess, Cliff - Rattay, Howard - Robyn, William - Johnson, Howard E. - Ager, Milton
- Date: 1920-07-06
Yearning Murphy, Lambert, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 45171. Matrix/Take: B-23115/6.
- Contributor: Moret, Neil - Murphy, Lambert - Pasternack, Josef - Rattay, Howard - Carter, Sidney
- Date: 1919-09-17
Audio RecordingA dream of your smile
A dream of your smile Murphy, Lambert, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Gorodetzer, Meyer, performing. Bourdon, Rosario, performing. Victor 45259. Matrix/Take: B-25596/8.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Gorodetzer, Meyer - Rattay, Howard - Murphy, Lambert - Conrad, Con - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1921-10-28
Smiles Murphy, Lambert, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 45155. Matrix/Take: B-22228/4.
- Contributor: Roberts, Lee S. - Rattay, Howard - Murphy, Lambert - Pasternack, Josef - Callahan, J. Will
- Date: 1918-09-09