Audio Recording We don't want the bacon (What we want is a piece of the Rhine)
About this Item
- We don't want the bacon (What we want is a piece of the Rhine)
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Pasternack, Josef -- Conductor
- Peerless Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Burr, Henry -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Campbell, Albert -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Croxton, Frank -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Meyer, John H. -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Havens, Jimmie -- Songwriter
- Carr, Howard -- Songwriter
- Russell, Harry -- Songwriter
- Humorous songs
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-22226 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Burr, Henry
- Campbell, Albert
- Carr, Howard
- Croxton, Frank
- Havens, Jimmie
- Meyer, John H.
- Pasternack, Josef
- Peerless Quartet
- Russell, Harry
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pasternack, Josef, Peerless Quartet, Henry Burr, Albert Campbell, Frank Croxton, John H Meyer, Jimmie Havens, Howard Carr, and Harry Russell. We don't want the bacon What we want is a piece of the Rhine. 1918. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30152/.
APA citation style:
Pasternack, J., Peerless Quartet, Burr, H., Campbell, A., Croxton, F., Meyer, J. H. [...] Russell, H. (1918) We don't want the bacon What we want is a piece of the Rhine. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30152/.
MLA citation style:
Pasternack, Josef, et al. We don't want the bacon What we want is a piece of the Rhine. 1918. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30152/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingOn the Sandwich Isles Victor 18227. Matrix/Take: B-18943/2.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Kilgour, Garfield - Von Tilzer, Harry - Campbell, Albert - Meyer, John H. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1916-12-28
Audio RecordingBlue jeans Victor 18740. Matrix/Take: B-24785/3.
- Contributor: Burr, Henry - Kerr, Harry David - Bourdon, Rosario - Peerless Quartet - Campbell, Albert - Croxton, Frank - Meyer, John H. - Pasternack, Josef - Traveller, Lou
- Date: 1921-01-10
Audio RecordingJust like Washington crossed the Delaware, General Pershing will cross the Rhine Victor 18469. Matrix/Take: B-21670/3.
- Contributor: Johnson, Howard E. - Burr, Henry - Croxton, Frank - Campbell, Albert - Peerless Quartet - Meyer, John H. - Pasternack, Josef - Meyer, George W.
- Date: 1918-04-08
Audio RecordingWhen I'm gone you'll soon forget Victor 18609. Matrix/Take: B-23074/3.
- Contributor: Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Keith, E. Austin - Campbell, Albert - Croxton, Frank - Meyer, John H. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1919-07-16
Audio RecordingThe Navy will bring them back Victor 18514. Matrix/Take: B-22436/2.
- Contributor: Schuster, Ira - Meyer, John H. - Burr, Henry - Peerless Quartet - Campbell, Albert - Croxton, Frank - Johnson, Howard E. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1918-11-27