Audio Recording Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody
About this Item
- Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody
- Other Title
- Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody
- Male vocal solo, with violin and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Schwartz, Jean: composer
- Dalhart, Vernon: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Lewis, Sam M.: lyricist
- Pasternack, Josef: conductor
- Rattay, Howard: instrumentalist, violin
- Young, Joe: lyricist
- Popular music
- Ethnic characterizations
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Dalhart, Vernon, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18512. Matrix/Take: B-22407/2.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schwartz, Jean: Composer, Vernon: Vocalist Dalhart, Sam M.: Lyricist Lewis, Josef: Conductor Pasternack, Howard: Instrumentalist Rattay, and Joe: Lyricist Young. Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody. 1918. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30792/.
APA citation style:
Schwartz, J. C., Dalhart, V. V., Lewis, S. M.:. L., Pasternack, J. C., Rattay, H. I. & Young, J. L. (1918) Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30792/.
MLA citation style:
Schwartz, Jean: Composer, et al. Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody. 1918. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-30792/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingDon't leave me, Mammy
Don't leave me, Mammy Dalhart, Vernon, performing. Witzmann, John, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18875. Matrix/Take: B-26130/2.
- Contributor: Witzmann, John - Davis, Benny - De Sylva, B. G. - De Sylva, G. - Rattay, Howard - Conrad, Con - Pasternack, Josef - Santly, Henry W. - Dalhart, Vernon
- Date: 1922-02-23
Audio RecordingYou're a million miles from nowhere
You're a million miles from nowhere Harrison, Charles, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18645. Matrix/Take: B-23555/2.
- Contributor: Harrison, Charles - Young, Joe - Rattay, Howard - Donaldson, Walter - Lewis, Sam M. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1919-12-26
Bye-lo Dalhart, Vernon, performing. Victor 18635. Matrix/Take: B-23052/4.
- Contributor: Pasternack, Josef - Perkins, Ray - Dalhart, Vernon
- Date: 1919-07-08
Audio RecordingI'm waiting for you, 'Liza Jane
I'm waiting for you, 'Liza Jane Dalhart, Vernon, performing. Victor 18525. Matrix/Take: B-22490/6.
- Contributor: Creamer, Henry - Layton, Turner - Pasternack, Josef - Dalhart, Vernon
- Date: 1919-01-03
Audio RecordingOh! How I wish I could sleep until my daddy comes home
Oh! How I wish I could sleep until my daddy comes home Burr, Henry, performing. Adams, William, performing. Lennartz, Alfred, performing. Adams, William, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18506. Matrix/Take: B-22227/6.
- Contributor: Burr, Henry - Pasternack, Josef - Adams, William - Young, Joe - Rattay, Howard - Lewis, Sam M. - Wendling, Pete - Lennartz, Alfred
- Date: 1918-09-13