Audio Recording I'm forever blowing bubbles I'm forever blowing bubbles
About this Item
- I'm forever blowing bubbles
- Other Title
- I'm forever blowing bubbles
- Male vocal duet, with violin and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Kellette, John William: composer
- Hart, Charles: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Shaw, Elliott: vocalist, baritone vocal
- Pasternack, Josef: conductor
- Kenbrovin, Jaan: lyricist
- Rattay, Howard: instrumentalist, violin
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18540. Matrix/Take: B-22600/5.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kellette, John William: Composer, Charles: Vocalist Hart, Elliott: Vocalist Shaw, Josef: Conductor Pasternack, Jaan: Lyricist Kenbrovin, and Howard: Instrumentalist Rattay. I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. 1919. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-31552/.
APA citation style:
Kellette, J. W. C., Hart, C. V., Shaw, E. V., Pasternack, J. C., Kenbrovin, J. L. & Rattay, H. I. (1919) I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-31552/.
MLA citation style:
Kellette, John William: Composer, et al. I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. 1919. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-31552/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe rose of no man's land
The rose of no man's land Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18508. Matrix/Take: B-22411/2.
- Contributor: Pasternack, Josef - Rattay, Howard - Caddigan, Jack - Hart, Charles - Brennan, James A. - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1918-11-08
Audio RecordingAlabama lullaby
Alabama lullaby Hart, Charles, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Witzmann, John, performing. Victor 18566. Matrix/Take: B-22657/6.
- Contributor: De Voll, Cal - Bourdon, Rosario - Witzmann, John - Rattay, Howard - Hart, Charles - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1919-05-28
Go to sleep, my baby | Wyoming | Lullaby Rattay, Howard, performing. Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Lapitino, Francis J. , performing. Victor 18740. Matrix/Take: B-24945/7.
- Contributor: Lapitino, Francis J. - Williams, Gene - Bourdon, Rosario - Rattay, Howard - Hart, Charles - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1921-02-28
Audio RecordingGolden gate (Open for me)
Golden gate (Open for me) Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Victor 18612. Matrix/Take: B-23123/1.
- Contributor: Hart, Charles - Kendis, James - Pasternack, Josef - Brockman, James - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1919-08-12
Audio RecordingThere's only one pal after all
There's only one pal after all Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Baker, Bernard, performing. Keneke, Emil, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18786. Matrix/Take: B-25312/3.
- Contributor: Keneke, Emil - Baker, Bernard - Frost, Harold G - Klickmann, F. Henri - Bourdon, Rosario - Rattay, Howard - Frost, Jack - Hart, Charles - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1921-05-20