Audio Recording Behind your silken veil Medley fox trot / Behind your silken veil / Behind your silken veil ; What would we do without the girls ; You and I
About this Item
- Behind your silken veil
- Other Title
- Medley fox trot
- Behind your silken veil
- Behind your silken veil ; What would we do without the girls ; You and I
- Jazz/dance band
- Contributor Names
- Hickman, Art: composer
- Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra: Musical group
- Rose, Vincent: composer
- Yerkes, Harry A.: leader
- Burtnett, Earl: composer
- Black, Ben: composer
- Fitzgibbon, Bert: composer
- Ragtime, jazz, and more
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra, performing. Victor 18636. Matrix/Take: B-23342/8.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Black, Ben
- Burtnett, Earl
- Fitzgibbon, Bert
- Hickman, Art
- Rose, Vincent
- Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Yerkes, Harry A.
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hickman, Art: Composer, Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra: Musical Group, Vincent: Composer Rose, Harry A.: Leader Yerkes, Earl: Composer Burtnett, Ben: Composer Black, and Bert: Composer Fitzgibbon. Behind Your Silken Veil. 1919. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34215/.
APA citation style:
Hickman, A. C., Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra: Musical Group, Rose, V. C., Yerkes, H. A.:. L., Burtnett, E. C., Black, B. C. & Fitzgibbon, B. C. (1919) Behind Your Silken Veil. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34215/.
MLA citation style:
Hickman, Art: Composer, et al. Behind Your Silken Veil. 1919. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34215/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingRoses at twilight
Medley waltz | Roses at twilight | Let's start all over again Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra, performing. Victor 18636. Matrix/Take: B-23343/11.
- Contributor: Yerkes, Harry A. - Marple, Herbert - Marple, Herbert B. - Howard, Joseph E. - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Date: 1919-12-11
Audio Recording(Dry your) tears
Medley fox trot | Mummy mine | (Dry your) Tears Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra, performing. Victor 18533. Matrix/Take: B-22368/2.
- Contributor: Hickman, Art - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra - Black, Ben - Rose, Vincent - Smith, Joseph C.
- Date: 1919-01-30
Audio RecordingHold me
Medley fox trot | Hold me | Do you know? Palace Trio, performing. Wiedoeft, Rudy, performing. Perry, Mario, performing. Robinson, J. Russel, performing. Victor 18682. Matrix/Take: B-24052/1.
- Contributor: Perry, Mario - Hickman, Art - Robinson, J. Russel - Black, Ben - Palace Trio - McNamara, Ray - Wiedoeft, Rudy
- Date: 1920-05-11
Audio RecordingG'wan with it
Fox trot | G'wan with it Art Hickman's Orchestra, performing. Victor 19399. Matrix/Take: PB-6/4.
- Contributor: Hickman, Art - Art Hickman's Orchestra - Burtnett, Earl
- Date: 1924-06-10
Fox trot | Patsy Art Hickman's Orchestra, performing. Victor 19399. Matrix/Take: PB-5/4.
- Contributor: Hickman, Art - Winfree, Richard - Art Hickman's Orchestra - Burtnett, Earl
- Date: 1924-06-10