Audio Recording You're a million miles from nowhere You're a million miles from nowhere
About this Item
- You're a million miles from nowhere
- Other Title
- You're a million miles from nowhere
- Male vocal solo, with violin and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Donaldson, Walter: composer
- Harrison, Charles: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Lewis, Sam M.: lyricist
- Rattay, Howard: instrumentalist, violin
- Pasternack, Josef: conductor
- Young, Joe: lyricist
- Popular music
- Classical music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Harrison, Charles, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18645. Matrix/Take: B-23555/2.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Donaldson, Walter: Composer, Charles: Vocalist Harrison, Sam M.: Lyricist Lewis, Howard: Instrumentalist Rattay, Josef: Conductor Pasternack, and Joe: Lyricist Young. You're a Million Miles from Nowhere. 1919. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34994/.
APA citation style:
Donaldson, W. C., Harrison, C. V., Lewis, S. M.:. L., Rattay, H. I., Pasternack, J. C. & Young, J. L. (1919) You're a Million Miles from Nowhere. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34994/.
MLA citation style:
Donaldson, Walter: Composer, et al. You're a Million Miles from Nowhere. 1919. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-34994/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingWhen you see another sweetie hanging around (that's the time you'll want to come back to ...
When you see another sweetie hanging around (That's the time you'll want to come back to me) Rowland, Adele, performing. Victor 18560. Matrix/Take: B-22802/3.
- Contributor: Young, Joe - Donaldson, Walter - Rowland, Adele - Lewis, Sam M. - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1919-04-23
Audio RecordingWhen the preacher makes you mine
When the preacher makes you mine Rowland, Adele, performing. Victor 18621. Matrix/Take: B-23046/5.
- Contributor: Young, Joe - Pasternack, Josef - Rowland, Adele - Lewis, Sam M. - Donaldson, Walter
- Date: 1919-07-29
Audio RecordingHow ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm?
After they've seen Paree | How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm? Fields, Arthur, performing. Victor 18537. Matrix/Take: B-22605/2.
- Contributor: Young, Joe - Fields, Arthur - Lewis, Sam M. - Donaldson, Walter - Pasternack, Josef
- Date: 1919-02-27
Audio RecordingRock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody
Rock-a-bye your baby with a Dixie melody Dalhart, Vernon, performing. Rattay, Howard, performing. Victor 18512. Matrix/Take: B-22407/2.
- Contributor: Young, Joe - Rattay, Howard - Schwartz, Jean - Lewis, Sam M. - Pasternack, Josef - Dalhart, Vernon
- Date: 1918-11-06
Audio RecordingDon't cry, Frenchy, don't cry
Don't cry, Frenchy, don't cry Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Victor 18538. Matrix/Take: B-22601/3.
- Contributor: Young, Joe - Donaldson, Walter - Hart, Charles - Lewis, Sam M. - Pasternack, Josef - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1919-02-26