Audio Recording Marion (You'll soon be marryin' me) Marion (You'll soon be marryin' me)
About this Item
- Marion (You'll soon be marryin' me)
- Other Title
- Marion (You'll soon be marryin' me)
- Female-male vocal duet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- McConnell, Geo. B. : composer
- Rice, Gladys: vocalist, soprano vocal
- Kienzle, Frank: lyricist
- Murray, Billy: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Bourdon, Rosario: conductor
- Smith, Chas.: lyricist
- Grant, Rachel: vocalist, soprano vocal
- Ingham, Nelson: composer
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Rice, Gladys, performing. Murray, Billy, performing. Grant, Rachel, performing. Victor 18671. Matrix/Take: B-23981/1.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bourdon, Rosario
- Grant, Rachel
- Ingham, Nelson
- Kienzle, Frank
- McConnell, Geo
- McConnell, Geo. B.
- Murray, Billy
- Rice, Gladys
- Smith, Chas
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcconnell, Geo. B.: Composer, Gladys: Vocalist Rice, Frank: Lyricist Kienzle, Billy: Vocalist Murray, Rosario: Conductor Bourdon, Chas.: Lyricist Smith, Rachel: Vocalist Grant, and Nelson: Composer Ingham. Marion You'll soon be marryin' me. 1920. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36441/.
APA citation style:
McConnell, G. B.:. C., Rice, G. V., Kienzle, F. L., Murray, B. V., Bourdon, R. C., Smith, C.:. L. [...] Ingham, N. C. (1920) Marion You'll soon be marryin' me. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36441/.
MLA citation style:
Mcconnell, Geo. B.: Composer, et al. Marion You'll soon be marryin' me. 1920. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36441/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingMickey Donohue
Mickey Donohue American Quartet, performing. Croxton, Frank, performing. Campbell, Albert, performing. Meyer, John H. , performing. Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 19280. Matrix/Take: B-29441/8.
- Contributor: Hughes, Frank - McConnell, Geo - American Quartet - Croxton, Frank - McConnell, Geo. B. - Williams, Frank - Kaufman, Irving - Bourdon, Rosario - Murray, Billy - Campbell, Albert - Meyer, John H. - Kaufman, Jack
- Date: 1924-02-21
Audio RecordingJealous of you
Jealous of you Robyn, William, performing. Victor 18805. Matrix/Take: B-25371/3.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Ingham, Nelson - Johnson, Ed. - Robyn, William - Freedman, Max C.
- Date: 1921-06-27
Audio RecordingWait till you get them up in the air, boys
Wait till you get them up in the air, boys Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 18628. Matrix/Take: B-23427/4.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Murray, Billy - Brown, Lew - Von Tilzer, Albert
- Date: 1919-10-21
Audio RecordingWhenever you're lonesome (Just telephone me)
Fox trot | Whenever you're lonesome (Just telephone me) Murray, Billy, performing. Stanley, Aileen, performing. Victor 18909. Matrix/Take: B-26500/3.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Kortlander, Max - Wendling, Pete - Murray, Billy - Stanley, Aileen
- Date: 1922-06-01
Audio RecordingIt's not your nationality (It's simply you)
It's not your nationality (It's simply you) Murray, Billy, performing. Victor 18184. Matrix/Take: B-18577/2.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Johnson, Howard E. - Murray, Billy
- Date: 1916-10-25