Audio Recording For every boy who's on the level (There's a girl who's on the square)
About this Item
- For every boy who's on the level (There's a girl who's on the square)
- Male vocal quartet and soloist, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Hart, Charles -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Harmonizers Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Roberts, Victor [i.e., Billy Jones] -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Bourdon, Rosario -- Conductor
- Donaghy, Harry -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Porter, Steve -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Nelson, Ed G. -- Composer
- Pease, Harry -- Lyricist
- Jones, Billy -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Dodge, Gilbert -- Composer
- Humorous songs
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-24148 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Bourdon, Rosario
- Dodge, Gilbert
- Donaghy, Harry
- Harmonizers Quartet
- Hart, Charles
- Jones, Billy
- Nelson, Ed G.
- Pease, Harry
- Porter, Steve
- Roberts, Victor [i.e., Billy Jones]
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hart, Charles, Harmonizers Quartet, Victor I.E Roberts, Rosario Bourdon, Harry Donaghy, Steve Porter, Ed G Nelson, Harry Pease, Billy Jones, and Gilbert Dodge. For every boy who's on the level There's a girl who's on the square. 1920. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36966/.
APA citation style:
Hart, C., Harmonizers Quartet, Roberts, V. I. E., Bourdon, R., Donaghy, H., Porter, S. [...] Dodge, G. (1920) For every boy who's on the level There's a girl who's on the square. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36966/.
MLA citation style:
Hart, Charles, et al. For every boy who's on the level There's a girl who's on the square. 1920. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-36966/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingMy home town is a one-horse town, but it's big enough for me
March song Victor 18712. Matrix/Take: B-24672/2.
- Contributor: Donaghy, Harry - Jones, Billy - Silver, Abner - Bourdon, Rosario - Gerber, Alex - Porter, Steve - Hart, Charles - Harmonizers Quartet - Roberts, Victor [i.e., Billy Jones]
- Date: 1920-11-01
Audio RecordingPeggy O'Neil
Waltz song Victor 18764. Matrix/Take: B-25237/1.
- Contributor: Dodge, Gilbert - Pease, Harry - Nelson, Ed G. - Jones, Billy - Roberts, Victor [i.e., Billy Jones]
- Date: 1921-04-25
Audio RecordingWhat does the pussy-cat mean when she says 'me-ow'? Victor 19293. Matrix/Take: B-29654/2.
- Contributor: Nelson, Ed G. - Smalle, Ed - Bourdon, Rosario - Schmidt, Alexander - Granlund, N. T. - Pease, Harry - Murray, Billy - Porter, Steve
- Date: 1924-03-12
Audio RecordingDown by the O-hi-o (I've got the sweetest little O, my! O!) Victor 18723. Matrix/Take: B-24755/6.
- Contributor: Olman, Abe - Jones, Billy - Bourdon, Rosario - Yellen, Jack - Murray, Billy - Roberts, Victor [i.e., Billy Jones]
- Date: 1920-12-29
Audio RecordingIn the old town hall
Ziegfeld follies of 1921 | A comedy waltz song Victor 18810. Matrix/Take: B-25508/5.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Nelson, Ed G. - Johnson, Howard E. - Pease, Harry - Murray, Billy
- Date: 1921-08-17