Audio Recording My mammy Medley fox trot / My mammy / Beautiful faces
About this Item
- My mammy
- Other Title
- Medley fox trot
- My mammy
- Beautiful faces
- Jazz/dance band, with piano duet
- Contributor Names
- Berlin, Irving: composer
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra : Musical group
- Donaldson, Walter: composer
- Whiteman, Paul: leader
- Grofé, Ferde: instrumentalist, piano
- Johnson, Arnold: instrumentalist, piano
- Ragtime, jazz, and more
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Johnson, Arnold, performing. Victor 18737. Matrix/Take: B-24863/14.
- Original Format
- sound recording
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Berlin, Irving
- Donaldson, Walter
- Grofé, Ferde
- Johnson, Arnold
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra
- Whiteman, Paul
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Berlin, Irving: Composer, Paul Whiteman Orchestra: Musical Group, Walter: Composer Donaldson, Paul: Leader Whiteman, Ferde: Instrumentalist Grofé, and Arnold: Instrumentalist Johnson. My Mammy. 1921. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39495/.
APA citation style:
Berlin, I. C., Paul Whiteman Orchestra: Musical Group, Donaldson, W. C., Whiteman, P. L., Grofé, F. I. & Johnson, A. I. (1921) My Mammy. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39495/.
MLA citation style:
Berlin, Irving: Composer, et al. My Mammy. 1921. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39495/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingMy mammy
Medley fox trot | My mammy | Beautiful faces Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Johnson, Arnold, performing. Victor 18737. Matrix/Take: B-24863/17.
- Contributor: Johnson, Arnold - Whiteman, Paul - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Donaldson, Walter - Berlin, Irving - Grofé, Ferde
- Date: 1921-03-01
Audio RecordingDown around the 'Sip 'Sip 'Sippy shore
Medley one-step | Down around the 'Sip 'Sip 'Sippy shore | Turkey in de straw Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Akst, Harry, performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Victor 18744. Matrix/Take: B-25006/2.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Donaldson, Walter - Whiteman, Paul - Akst, Harry - Grofé, Ferde
- Date: 1921-03-16
Fox trot | Georgia Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Ohman, Phil, performing. Grofé, Ferde, performing. Victor 18899. Matrix/Take: B-26321/4.
- Contributor: Ohman, Phil - Whiteman, Paul - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Barry, Frank E. - Donaldson, Walter - Grofé, Ferde
- Date: 1922-04-26
Audio RecordingRoamin' to Wyomin'
Fox trot | Roamin' to Wyomin' | Vagando hacia Wyoming Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Victor 19209. Matrix/Take: B-28979/4.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Donaldson, Walter - Whiteman, Paul
- Date: 1923-11-22
Audio RecordingCall of the south
Fox trot | Call of the south | Music Box revue Paul Whiteman Orchestra , performing. Victor 19557. Matrix/Take: B-31549/6.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Berlin, Irving - Whiteman, Paul
- Date: 1924-12-29