Audio Recording Some little bird Fox trot / The mocking bird
About this Item
- Some little bird
- Other Title
- Fox trot
- The mocking bird
- Jazz/dance band, with whistling
- Contributor Names
- Milburn, Richard -- Composer
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra -- Musical Group
- McKee, Margaret -- Vocalist -- Whistling
- Whiteman, Paul -- Leader
- Van Alstyne, Egbert -- Composer
- Gillespie, Haven -- Composer
- McPhail, Lindsay -- Composer
- Media Size
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-24895 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- New York, New York
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Gillespie, Haven
- McKee, Margaret
- McPhail, Lindsay
- Milburn, Richard
- Paul Whiteman Orchestra
- Van Alstyne, Egbert
- Whiteman, Paul
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse. Disc labels that are more than 95 years old are now in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library presents more recent disc labels with permission or under fair use.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Milburn, Richard, Paul Whiteman Orchestra, Margaret McKee, Paul Whiteman, Egbert Van Alstyne, Haven Gillespie, and Lindsay McPhail. Some Little Bird. 1921. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39585/.
APA citation style:
Milburn, R., Paul Whiteman Orchestra, McKee, M., Whiteman, P., Van Alstyne, E., Gillespie, H. & McPhail, L. (1921) Some Little Bird. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39585/.
MLA citation style:
Milburn, Richard, et al. Some Little Bird. 1921. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-39585/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingTweet, tweet
Fox trot | Pio, pio Victor 19203. Matrix/Take: B-28958/3.
- Contributor: Frey, Hugo - Van Alstyne, Egbert - Manhattan Merrymakers, the - King, Edward T. - McKee, Margaret
- Date: 1923-11-16
Audio RecordingLast night on the back porch (I loved her best of all)
Fox trot | Entre las sombras del porche Victor 19139. Matrix/Take: B-28529/3.
- Contributor: American Quartet - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Schraubstader, Carl - Whiteman, Paul - Brown, Lew
- Date: 1923-09-04
Fox trot | Flossie Victor 19389. Matrix/Take: B-30301/2.
- Contributor: Whiteman, Paul - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Robi, Armand - Murray, Billy - Murphy, Ralph
- Date: 1924-06-18
Audio RecordingWhen the one you love loves you
Waltz Victor 19553. Matrix/Take: B-31548/4.
- Contributor: Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Baer, Abel - Friend, Cliff - Whiteman, Paul - Baur, Franklyn
- Date: 1924-12-24
Oriental fox trot Victor 19381. Matrix/Take: B-30172/3.
- Contributor: Michels, Walter F. - Paul Whiteman Orchestra - Whiteman, Paul - McPhail, Lindsay
- Date: 1924-06-09