Audio Recording Mandy 'n' me
About this Item
- Mandy 'n' me
- Male vocal quartet, with orchestra
- Contributor Names
- American Quartet -- Vocal Group
- Murray, Billy -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Young, John -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Bourdon, Rosario -- Conductor
- Chalmers, Donald -- Vocalist -- Bass Vocal
- Porter, Steve -- Vocalist -- Baritone Vocal
- Kalmar, Bert -- Lyricist
- Martorano, Sante -- Instrumentalist -- Cornet
- Conrad, Con -- Composer
- Motzan, Otto -- Composer
- Popular music
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-25745 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- Camden, New Jersey
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- American Quartet
- Bourdon, Rosario
- Chalmers, Donald
- Conrad, Con
- Kalmar, Bert
- Martorano, Sante
- Motzan, Otto
- Murray, Billy
- Porter, Steve
- Young, John
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Quartet, Billy Murray, John Young, Rosario Bourdon, Donald Chalmers, Steve Porter, Bert Kalmar, Sante Martorano, Con Conrad, and Otto Motzan. Mandy 'n' Me. 1921. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-42809/.
APA citation style:
American Quartet, Murray, B., Young, J., Bourdon, R., Chalmers, D., Porter, S. [...] Motzan, O. (1921) Mandy 'n' Me. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-42809/.
MLA citation style:
American Quartet, et al. Mandy 'n' Me. 1921. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-42809/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingI'll be glad to get back to my home town Victor 18847. Matrix/Take: B-25922/1.
- Contributor: Young, John - American Quartet - Chalmers, Donald - Tracey, Billy - Bourdon, Rosario - Porter, Steve - Murray, Billy - Mohr, Halsey K.
- Date: 1921-12-23
Audio RecordingSome sunny day Victor 18903. Matrix/Take: B-26450/7.
- Contributor: Young, John - American Quartet - Chalmers, Donald - Bourdon, Rosario - Porter, Steve - Berlin, Irving - Murray, Billy
- Date: 1922-05-05
Audio RecordingChildhood days Victor 18959. Matrix/Take: B-26853/5.
- Contributor: Young, John - Creamer, Henry - Franklin, Dave - Bourdon, Rosario - Darcey, Joe - Chalmers, Donald - American Quartet - Porter, Steve - Murray, Billy
- Date: 1922-09-13
Audio RecordingDixie is Dixie once more Victor 18610. Matrix/Take: B-23066/5.
- Contributor: Young, John - Bourdon, Rosario - Chalmers, Donald - American Quartet - Porter, Steve - Murray, Billy - Pinkard, Maceo - Tracey, William
- Date: 1919-07-25
Audio RecordingFloatin' down to Cotton Town Victor 18628. Matrix/Take: B-23413/2.
- Contributor: Young, John - Klickmann, F. Henri - American Quartet - Chalmers, Donald - Bourdon, Rosario - Porter, Steve - Murray, Billy - Frost, Jack
- Date: 1919-10-15