Audio Recording Hey! hey! and hee! hee! (I'm Charleston crazy) Fox trot / Ja! ja! y je! je!
About this Item
- Hey! hey! and hee! hee! (I'm Charleston crazy)
- Other Title
- Fox trot
- Ja! ja! y je! je!
- Jazz/dance band, with male vocal duet
- Contributor Names
- Mills, Irving -- Composer
- International Novelty Orchestra -- Musical Group
- Murray, Billy -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Booker, R. Arthur -- Lyricist
- Matson, Charles A. -- Composer
- Shilkret, Nathaniel -- Conductor
- Dalhart, Vernon -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Smalle, Ed -- Vocalist -- Tenor Vocal
- Ragtime, jazz, and more
- Recording Label
- Recording Catalog Number
- Recording Matrix Number
- B-30620 (Matrix ID)
- Recording Take Number
- Recording Date
- Recording Location
- New York, New York
- Recording Repository
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Booker, R. Arthur
- Dalhart, Vernon
- International Novelty Orchestra
- Matson, Charles A.
- Mills, Irving
- Murray, Billy
- Shilkret, Nathaniel
- Smalle, Ed
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mills, Irving, International Novelty Orchestra, Billy Murray, R. Arthur Booker, Charles A Matson, Nathaniel Shilkret, Vernon Dalhart, and Ed Smalle. Hey! hey! and hee! hee! I'm Charleston crazy. 1924. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-50556/.
APA citation style:
Mills, I., International Novelty Orchestra, Murray, B., Booker, R. A., Matson, C. A., Shilkret, N. [...] Smalle, E. (1924) Hey! hey! and hee! hee! I'm Charleston crazy. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-50556/.
MLA citation style:
Mills, Irving, et al. Hey! hey! and hee! hee! I'm Charleston crazy. 1924. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-50556/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingBoll weevil blues
Fox trot | Los blues del gorgojo Victor 19457. Matrix/Take: B-30626/2.
- Contributor: Smalle, Ed - Shilkret, Nathaniel - International Novelty Orchestra - Palmer, Emabel - Dalhart, Vernon - McCurdy, Postal
- Date: 1924-08-08
Audio RecordingNo wonder
Fox trot | I love you Victor 19590. Matrix/Take: B-31923/1.
- Contributor: International Novelty Orchestra - Shilkret, Nathaniel - Davis, Benny - Burke, Joe - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1925-02-06
Audio RecordingOnly you
Fox trot | I'll say she is Victor 19380. Matrix/Take: B-30168/2.
- Contributor: Shilkret, Nathaniel - International Novelty Orchestra - Johnstone, Will B. - Johnstone, Will - Johnstone, Tom - James, Lewis
- Date: 1924-06-06
Audio RecordingThe little wooden whistle wouldn't whistle
Fox trot | Un pito que no pita Victor 19323. Matrix/Take: B-29766/4.
- Contributor: Shilkret, Nathaniel - Maples, Nelson - Von Tilzer, Harry - Murray, Billy - Curtis, Billy - S.S. Leviathan Orchestra
- Date: 1924-04-03
Audio RecordingStavin' Change
Fox trot | The meanest man in New Orleans Victor 19189. Matrix/Take: B-28550/2.
- Contributor: Bernard, AL - Gorman, Ross - Virginians - Dalhart, Vernon
- Date: 1923-09-11