Audio Recording I wish I had someone to cry over me I wish I had someone to cry over me
About this Item
- I wish I had someone to cry over me
- Other Title
- I wish I had someone to cry over me
- Male vocal solo, with saxophone and orchestra
- Contributor Names
- Squires, Harry D.: composer
- James, Lewis: vocalist, tenor vocal
- Parish, Mitchell: lyricist
- Bourdon, Rosario: conductor
- Voe, A. de: instrumentalist, saxophone
- Young, Eleanor: composer
- Popular music
- Source of original recording: Department of Special Collections, Davidson Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Rights Advisory
- Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment
- Online Format
- James, Lewis, performing. Voe, A. de, performing. Victor 19134. Matrix/Take: B-28409/4.
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Library makes the sound recordings in the National Jukebox available pursuant to permission from the rightsholders. Under the Music Modernization Act, many of these recordings will begin entering into the public domain on January 1, 2022, when all recordings published prior to 1923 will enter the public domain and will be free to use and reuse. Recordings published between 1923 and 1946 are then protected for 100 years, and recordings published between 1947 and 1956 are protected for 110 years. In addition, some of the items in the Jukebox, such as the Victrola Book of the Opera, are currently in the public domain and free to use and reuse.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rightsholders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, National Jukebox.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Squires, Harry D.: Composer, Lewis: Vocalist James, Mitchell: Lyricist Parish, Rosario: Conductor Bourdon, A. De: Instrumentalist Voe, and Eleanor: Composer Young. I wish I had someone to cry over me. 1923. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-67724/.
APA citation style:
Squires, H. D.:. C., James, L. V., Parish, M. L., Bourdon, R. C., Voe, A. D. I. & Young, E. C. (1923) I wish I had someone to cry over me. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-67724/.
MLA citation style:
Squires, Harry D.: Composer, et al. I wish I had someone to cry over me. 1923. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/jukebox-67724/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingCarolina rolling stone
Carolina rolling stone Hart, Charles, performing. Shaw, Elliott, performing. Victor 18869. Matrix/Take: B-25953/3.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Young, Eleanor - Parish, Mitchell - Hart, Charles - Squires, Harry D. - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1922-01-16
Audio RecordingJust for remembrance (bring me a red rose)
Just for remembrance (Bring me a red rose) Shaw, Elliott, performing. Lennartz, Alfred, performing. Victor 19358. Matrix/Take: B-29891/6.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - Reibold, Bruno - Young, Eleanor - Parish, Mitchell - Squires, Harry D. - Lennartz, Alfred - Shaw, Elliott
- Date: 1924-04-29
Audio RecordingRock me in my Swanee cradle
Rock me in my Swanee cradle Peerless Quartet, performing. Campbell, Albert, performing. Adams, William, performing. Croxton, Frank, performing. Burr, Henry, performing. Meyer, John H. , performing. Victor 18908. Matrix/Take: B-26439/3.
- Contributor: Burr, Henry - Bourdon, Rosario - Peerless Quartet - Young, Eleanor - Adams, William - Parish, Mitchell - Campbell, Albert - Croxton, Frank - Meyer, John H. - Squires, Harry D.
- Date: 1922-04-28
Audio RecordingIn an old rose and lavender shawl
In an old rose and lavender shawl James, Lewis, performing. Schmidt, Alexander, performing. Victor 19020. Matrix/Take: B-27382/7.
- Contributor: Wilson, Weston S. - James, Lewis - Bourdon, Rosario - Schmidt, Alexander
- Date: 1923-01-19
Audio RecordingAny old time at all
Any old time at all James, Lewis, performing. Victor 19378. Matrix/Take: B-30238/3.
- Contributor: Bourdon, Rosario - James, Lewis - Ringle, Dave
- Date: 1924-06-04