Audio Recordings Carry me back to old Virginny
About this Item
- Carry me back to old Virginny
- Alternate Title
- Plantation melody (Title descriptor)
- Contributor Names
- Orpheus Quartet (vocal_group)
- Harry Macdonough (tenor_vocal)
- Lambert Murphy (tenor_vocal)
- Reinald Werrenrath (baritone_vocal)
- William F. Hooley (bass_vocal)
- Josef Pasternack (conductor)
- James A. Bland (composer)
- Created / Published
- Victor, Camden, New Jersey.
- Subject Headings
- - Progressive Era to New Era (1900-1929)
- - Songs and Music
- Popular music, Ethnic characterizations
- - Vocal (category)
- - Male vocal quartet, with orchestra (description)
- - Digitized at the Library of Congress Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation.
- - This recording is protected by state copyright laws in the United States. The Library of Congress has obtained a license from rights holders to offer it as streamed audio only. Downloading is not permitted. The authorization of rights holders of the recording is required in order to obtain a copy of the recording. Contact email@example.com for more information. (Copyright Notice)
- - Courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment and the National Jukebox Project. (Copyright Notice)
- - Victor 18195 (issue number)
- - B-18569/1 (matrix number)
- sound recording
- 1 10" disc recording.
- Duration: 03:06
- Access Condition
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress. Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment.
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
James A. Bland
William F. Hooley
SubjectsPopular Music, Ethnic Characterizations
Progressive Era to New Era
Songs and Music
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Orpheus Quartet, Harry Macdonough, Lambert Murphy, Reinald Werrenrath, William F. Hooley, Josef Pasternack, and James A. Bland. Carry me back to old Virginny. Victor, Camden, New Jersey, 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.5243/. (Accessed July 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Orpheus Quartet, Harry Macdonough, Lambert Murphy, Reinald Werrenrath, William F. Hooley, Josef Pasternack & James A. Bland. (1916) Carry me back to old Virginny. Victor, Camden, New Jersey. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.5243/.
MLA citation style:
Orpheus Quartet, et al. Carry me back to old Virginny. Victor, Camden, New Jersey, 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.5243/>.