Audio Recordings Go down Moses
About this Item
- Go down Moses
- Alternate Title
- Old Negro spiritual (Title descriptor)
- Contributor Names
- Tuskegee Institute Singers (vocal_group)
- Leroy Brown (tenor_vocal)
- Charles Edward Clayton (tenor_vocal)
- Alvin J. Neely (tenor_vocal)
- William J. Williams (tenor_vocal)
- William P. Smith (baritone_vocal)
- Alfred Taylor (bass_vocal)
- William Wiley (bass_vocal)
- Created / Published
- Victor, Camden, New Jersey [unconfirmed].
- - Vocal (category)
- - Male vocal double quartet, unaccompanied (description)
- - Dixon/Godrich/Rye notes the 8/31/1914 and 9/20/1915 sessions as taking place in New York City. Victor ledgers do not list a specific location.
- - Digitized at the Library of Congress Packard Campus for Audio Visual Conservation.
- - This recording is protected by state copyright laws in the United States. The Library of Congress has obtained a license from rights holders to offer it as streamed audio only. Downloading is not permitted. The authorization of rights holders of the recording is required in order to obtain a copy of the recording. Contact [email protected] for more information. (Copyright Notice)
- - Courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment and the National Jukebox Project. (Copyright Notice)
- - Victor 17688 (issue number)
- - B-15167/1 (matrix number)
- sound recording
- 1 10" disc recording.
- Duration: 03:30
- Access Condition
- Source of original recording: Recorded Sound Section, Library of Congress. Inclusion of the recording in the National Jukebox, courtesy of Sony Music Entertainment.
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tuskegee Institute Singers, Leroy Brown, Charles Edward Clayton, Alvin J. Neely, William J. Williams, William P. Smith, Alfred Taylor, and William Wiley. Go down Moses. [Victor, Camden, New Jersey unconfirmed, 1914] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.78/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Tuskegee Institute Singers, Leroy Brown, Charles Edward Clayton, Alvin J. Neely, William J. Williams, William P. Smith [...] William Wiley. (1914) Go down Moses. [Victor, Camden, New Jersey unconfirmed] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.78/.
MLA citation style:
Tuskegee Institute Singers, et al. Go down Moses. [Victor, Camden, New Jersey unconfirmed, 1914] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/jukebox.78/>.