Manuscript/Mixed Material Letter from Serge Koussevitzky to Leonard Bernstein, October 31, 1940
About this Item
- Letter from Serge Koussevitzky to Leonard Bernstein, October 31, 1940
- Subject Headings
- - Koussevitzky, Serge and Olga
- - excerpt: "If you want my advice, pay a great deal of attention to every remark made by Mr. Reiner. He is, as you know, a master technician and holds the best European traditions of musical art."
- - From: Correspondence Series
- Typed letter, signed
- 1 page.
- Music Division
- Related Resources
- http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/lbcorr.01178 (electronic resource)
- Shelf Location
- Box/Folder 33
- Access Condition
- For rights relating to this resource, visit http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/lbcoll.access
- Online Format
- Correspondence. Typed letter, signed | 1 page. | excerpt: "If you want my advice, pay a great deal of attention to every remark made by Mr. Reiner. He is, as you know, a master technician and holds the best European traditions of musical art." From: Correspondence Series Typed Letter, Signed (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca. 1920-1989 for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Note that there may be U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or other restrictions in the materials in The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca.1920-1989 materials, and there may be content protected by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. See our Legal Notices and Privacy & Publicity Rights for additional information.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division
The following items are included in The Leonard Bernstein Collection ca. 1920-1989, with the permission as noted:
Bernstein Family Correspondence
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1920s-1942
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1943-1945
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1946
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1947
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1948
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1949
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1950-1953
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1955-1957
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1960s
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1970s
Bernstein Photo Gallery, 1980s
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Letter from Serge Koussevitzky to Leonard Bernstein. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/lbcorr.01178/.
APA citation style:
Letter from Serge Koussevitzky to Leonard Bernstein. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lbcorr.01178/.
MLA citation style:
Letter from Serge Koussevitzky to Leonard Bernstein. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lbcorr.01178/>.