Archived Web Sites ARROW anti-war homepage
About this Item
- ARROW anti-war homepage
- Other Title
- Active Resistance to the Roots of War
- Alternate Title
- Active Resistance to the Roots of War
- Justice Not Vengeance.org - online ARROW resources and information. ARROW (Active Resistance to the Roots of War) is a nonviolent direct action affinity group set up in September 1990 to oppose the Gulf War. We wholeheartedly condemn the terrorist atrocities in New York and Washington DC. We also condemn the idea of taking revenge for these deaths by military retaliation against Afghanistan, Iraq and/or other countries. We believe that the United States and Britain should proceed on the basis of international law, following the UN Charter, working through the normal channels of extradition law, to bring the perpetrators to justice. We stand shoulder to shoulder with the Muslim communities in Britain, and demand an end to anti-Muslim attacks and prejudice. We reject the erosion of our civil liberties in the name of anti-terrorism. We are committed to campaigning solely by nonviolent means. Our Priority Concern is the humanitarian catastrophe threatening millions of ordinary families in Afghanistan.
- Subject Headings
- - Iraq War, 2003-
- - Iraq -- History -- 2003-
- - Peace movements
- - Humanitarian assistance
- web site
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 20540 USA
- Source Url
- Access Condition
- - [Streaming video not enabled.]
- - www.j-n-v.org (domain)
- - http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/*/www.j-n-v.org
- Online Format
- web page
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Many, if not all, of the Web sites in the collection and elements incorporated into the Web sites (e.g., photographs, articles, graphical representations) are protected by copyright. The materials may also be subject to publicity rights, privacy rights, or other legal interests.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with the person desiring to use the item. You will need permission from the copyright owners or rights holders for reproduction, distribution, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Researchers should consult the sites themselves for information about rights, contacts, and permissions. The catalog record for each archived Web site contains the specific information about the site known to the Library. See Library of Congress Legal Notices page for additional information and restrictions.
The Library of Congress would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified on this Web site so that we may make the necessary corrections. In addition, if you are a copyright owner or otherwise have exclusive control over materials presently available through this collection and do not wish your materials to be available through this Web site, please let us know. To make a takedown request, please contact us via this contact form.
Citing Resources in the Web Archive
Citations should indicate: Archived in the Library of Congress Web Archives at www.loc.gov. When citing a particular Web site include the archived Web site's Citation ID (e.g., /item/lcwa.00010240). Researchers are advised to follow standard citation guidelines for Web sites, pages, and articles. Researchers are reminded that many of the materials in this Web archive are copyrighted and that citations must credit the authors/creators and publishers of the works.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
ARROW anti-war homepage. 2002. Archived Web Site. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwa00010150/. (Accessed August 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(2002) ARROW anti-war homepage. [Archived Web Site] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwa00010150/.
MLA citation style:
ARROW anti-war homepage. 2002. Archived Web Site. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwa00010150/>.