Archived Web Site Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
About this Item
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- EFF is a civil liberties and public policy watchdog group that confronts issues like defending free speech, privacy, innovation, and consumer rights in the digital world on behalf of consumers and the general public.
- Contributor Names
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Created / Published
- United States.
- Subject Headings
- - Data protection. Law and legislation. United States
- - Electronic Frontier Foundation
- - Digital communications. Law and legislation. United States
- - Privacy, Right of. United States
- - Internet. Law and legislation. United States
- - Freedom of speech. United States
- - Electronic surveillance. Law and legislation. United States
- web site
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 20540 USA
- Source Url
- Access Condition
- - eff.org (domain)
- - dearfcc.org/ (domain)
- - globalchokepoints.org (domain)
- - trollingeffects.org (domain)
- - eff.org/ (domain)
- - w2.eff.org/ (domain)
- - www.eff.org/ (domain)
- - ssd.eff.org/ (domain)
- - secure.eff.org/shop (domain)
- - secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy?id=420&pagename=homepage (domain)
- - tor.eff.org/ (domain)
- - secure.eff.org/ (domain)
- - blacklist.eff.org/ (domain)
- - supporters.eff.org/ (domain)
- - www.youtube.com/EFForg (domain)
- - twitter.com/EFF (domain)
- - www.facebook.com/eff (domain)
- Online Format
- web page
- EFF is a civil liberties and public policy watchdog group that confronts issues like defending free speech, privacy, innovation, and consumer rights in the digital world on behalf of consumers and the general public. Web Site. electronic | Electronic (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MODSXML Base Record
- MODSXML Supplemental Record
The Library of Congress is making its Web Archives Collection available for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law.
Many, if not all, of the websites in the collection and elements incorporated into the websites (e.g., photographs, articles, graphical representations) are protected by copyright. You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Researchers should consult the sites themselves for information about rights, contacts, and permissions. The catalog record for each archived website contains the specific information about the site known to the Library. Some sites in this collection may be restricted to onsite access only; see the Access Condition statement in each item record for more information.
The Library of Congress would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified on this website so that we may make the necessary corrections. In addition, if you are a copyright owner or otherwise have exclusive control over materials presently available through this collection and do not wish your materials to be available through this website, please let us know. To make a takedown request, please contact us via this contact form.
Not all content that the Library has archives for is currently available through the Library’s website. Limitations affecting access to the archived content include a one-year embargo period for all content in the archive. Content outside of the embargo period is updated and made available regularly. For more information visit the Web Archiving Program | For Researchers page.
Citing Resources in the Web Archive
Citations should indicate: Archived in the Library of Congress Web Archives at www.loc.gov. When citing a particular website include the archived website's Citation ID (e.g., /item/lcwa00010240). Researchers are advised to follow standard citation guidelines for websites, pages, and articles. Researchers are reminded that many of the materials in this web archive are copyrighted and that citations must credit the authors/creators and publishers of the works. For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
More about Copyright and Other Restrictions
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Electronic Frontier Foundation. Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF. United States, 2001. Archived Web Site. https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0004119/.
APA citation style:
Electronic Frontier Foundation. (2001) Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF. United States. [Archived Web Site] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0004119/.
MLA citation style:
Electronic Frontier Foundation. Electronic Frontier Foundation EFF. United States, 2001. Archived Web Site. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0004119/>.
More Archived Web Sites like this
Archived Web SitePublic Knowledge Public Knowledge is a non-profit Washington, D.C.-based public interest group that is involved in intellectual property law, competition, and choice in the digital marketplace, and an open standards/end-to-end internet. Web Site. electronic...
- Contributor: Public Knowledge (Organization)
- Date: 2002-09-10
Archived Web SitePrivacy Law Blog Web Site. electronic | Electronic (Form).
- Contributor: Proskauer Rose Llp
- Date: 2008-02-07
Archived Web SiteACS Blog | American Constitution Society for Law and Policy The American Constitution Society for Law and Policy (ACS) is a progressive legal organization. The group's stated mission is to "promote the vitality of the U.S. Constitution and the fundamental values it...
- Date: 2002-10-30
Archived Web SiteOverlawyered Chronicling the high cost of our legal system. Web Site. electronic | Electronic (Form).
- Contributor: Nieporent, David - Olson, Walter K. - Frank, Ted
- Date: 2002-08-13
Archived Web SiteGun Owners of America (GOA) Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue....
- Contributor: Gun Owners of America
- Date: 2001-11-07