Web Archive Southern Poverty Law Center
About this Item
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- The Southern Poverty Law Center was founded in 1971 as a small civil rights law firm. Today, the Center is internationally known for its tolerance education programs, its legal victories against white supremacists and its tracking of hate groups.
- Southern Poverty Law Center
Created / Published
- United States.
- - Human Rights
- - Toleration. United States
- - Discrimination. United States
- - Racial Justice
- - Hate groups. United States
- - Civil rights. United States
- - White supremacy movements. United States
- - Southern Poverty Law Center
- - Social justice. United States
- - Law
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 20540 USA
- - www.splcenter.org/whose-heritage (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/whose-heritage-report-third-edition.pdf (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/draft-whose-heritage-educational-materials (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/whose-heritage-map (domain)
- - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W4H2qa2THM1ni53QYZftGob_k_Bf9HreFAtCERfjCIU/edit?pli=1 (domain)
- - splc-git.github.io/whose-heritage/map/app.js (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/20220201/ (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/news/2022/10/18/survey-confederate-monuments-politics-religion (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/news/2022/09/20/federal-report-removal-confederacy-military-bases (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/news/2022/02/04/cost-remove-confederate-monument-south (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/presscenter/splc-georgia-dont-turn-american-tradition-racist-one (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/presscenter/splc-applauds-montgomerys-long-overdue-fred-d-gray-avenue-tribute (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/20190201/whose-heritage-public-symbols-confederacy (domain)
- - www.learningforjustice.org/the-moment/june-4-2018-explore-heritage-report (domain)
- - www.learningforjustice.org/magazine/splcs-whose-heritage-report-a-teaching-opportunity (domain)
- - www.learningforjustice.org/magazine/spring-2018/states-rights-and-historical-malpractice (domain)
- - www.learningforjustice.org/magazine/fall-2018/imagining-a-world-without-white-supremacy (domain)
- - splcenter.org (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/ (domain)
- - www.tolerance.org/ (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/02/12/well-jan-6-insurrection-oath-keepers-trafficked-violence-and-conspiracy-theories (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/27/who-are-boogaloos-who-were-visible-capitol-and-later-rallies (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/22/capitol-insurrection-shows-how-trends-far-rights-fringe-have-become-mainstream (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/19/meet-white-nationalist-organizer-who-spewed-hate-against-lawmakers (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/14/angry-far-right-extremists-seek-overshadow-biden-inauguration-amid-growing-scrutiny (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/08/far-right-insurrectionists-organized-capitol-siege-parler (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/07/congressmen-right-wing-media-push-baseless-claims-antifa-fueled-far-right-riot-nations (domain)
- - www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2021/01/07/meet-dlive-livestreaming-platform-used-trumps-capitol-insurrectionists (domain)
- web page
Additional Metadata Formats
- January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol Web Archive (123)
- Protests Against Racism Web Archive (215)
- United States Supreme Court Nominations Web Archive (320)
- Public Policy Topics Web Archive (2,333)
- Researcher and Reference Services Division (12,737)
- Law Library of Congress (404,974)
- Serial and Government Publications Division (2,888,418)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is making its Web Archives Collection available for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law.
Many, if not all, of the websites in the collection and elements incorporated into the websites (e.g., photographs, articles, graphical representations) are protected by copyright. You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
Researchers should consult the sites themselves for information about rights, contacts, and permissions. The catalog record for each archived website contains the specific information about the site known to the Library. Some sites in this collection may be restricted to onsite access only; see the Access Condition statement in each item record for more information.
The Library of Congress would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified on this website so that we may make the necessary corrections. In addition, if you are a copyright owner or otherwise have exclusive control over materials presently available through this collection and do not wish your materials to be available through this website, please let us know. To make a takedown request, please contact us via this contact form.
Not all content that the Library has archives for is currently available through the Library’s website. Limitations affecting access to the archived content include a one-year embargo period for all content in the archive. Content outside of the embargo period is updated and made available regularly. For more information visit the Web Archiving Program | For Researchers page.
Citing Resources in the Web Archive
Citations should indicate: Archived in the Library of Congress Web Archives at www.loc.gov. When citing a particular website include the archived website's Citation ID (e.g., /item/lcwa00010240). Researchers are advised to follow standard citation guidelines for websites, pages, and articles. Researchers are reminded that many of the materials in this web archive are copyrighted and that citations must credit the authors/creators and publishers of the works. For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
More about Copyright and Other Restrictions
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Southern Poverty Law Center. Southern Poverty Law Center. United States, 2001. Web Archive. https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0012335/.
APA citation style:
Southern Poverty Law Center. (2001) Southern Poverty Law Center. United States. [Web Archive] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0012335/.
MLA citation style:
Southern Poverty Law Center. Southern Poverty Law Center. United States, 2001. Web Archive. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0012335/>.