Audio Recording Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos
About this Item
- Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos
- Contributor Names
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery), 1867-1948 (Collector)
- Lomax, Ruby T. (Ruby Terrill) (Collector)
- Platt, Mose "Clear Rock" (Performer)
- Created / Published
- Taylor, Texas, May 10, 1939
- Subject Headings
- - United States -- Texas -- Williamson County -- Taylor
- - Music
- - Songs
- - Work songs
- Work songs
- - Performer referred to elsewhere as Rev. Mose Platt, Rev. Mose "Wyandotte" Platt, Rev. Mose "Winedot" Platt, or Rev. Mose W. W. Wyandotte" Platt
- - Venue: Hotel Blazilmar
- - Performance Note: "Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos" performed by Mose "Clear Rock" Platt (vocals) at Hotel Blazilmar, Taylor, Texas, on May 10, 1939.
- sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1939/001: AFS 02643b01
- Source Collection
- John and Ruby Lomax 1939 Southern States Recording Trip (AFC 1939/001)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
A small subset the sound recordings in this collection are not included in this online presentation because there is a strong possibility that there may be underlying rights in musical lyrics or compositions. Researchers with an interest or need to review the entire body of material are encouraged to contact the American Folklife Center: Those song titles not included are:
- Bull-Cow Blues
- Don't You Leave Me Here
- Everybody's Down on Me
- Little Log Cabin
- Springtime in the Rockies
John and Ruby Lomax 1939 southern states recording trip (AFC 1939/001), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lomax, John A, Ruby T Lomax, and Mose "Clear Rock" Platt. Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos. Taylor, Texas, 1939. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000200/.
APA citation style:
Lomax, J. A., Lomax, R. T. & Platt, M. ". R. (1939) Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos. Taylor, Texas. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000200/.
MLA citation style:
Lomax, John A, Ruby T Lomax, and Mose "Clear Rock" Platt. Ain' No More Cane on the Brazos. Taylor, Texas, 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000200/>.