Audio Recording Jesus, My God, I Know His Name
Jesus, My God, I Know His Name
Jesus, My God, I Know His Name
About this Item
- Jesus, My God, I Know His Name
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery), 1867-1948 (Collector)
- Lomax, Ruby T. (Ruby Terrill) (Collector)
- Powell, Abraham (Performer)
- Washington, Willie Henry (Performer)
- Bell, Arthur (Performer)
- Robertson, Robert Lee (Performer)
Created / Published
- near Varner, Arkansas, May 20, 1939
- - United States -- Arkansas -- Lincoln County -- Varner
- - Music
- - Songs
- - Religious songs
- Religious songs
- - Location also known as Cummins State Farm in Gould, Arkansas
- - Venue: Cummins State Farm, Camp #5
- - Performer referred to elsewhere as Washington, Willie
- - Collector's genre note: "lined off first and then 'played on'"
- - Performance Note: "Jesus, My God, I Know His Name" performed by Willie Henry Washington, Arthur Bell, Abraham Powell, and Robert Lee Robertson (vocals) at Cummins State Farm, Camp #5, near Varner, Arkansas, on May 20, 1939.
- sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1939/001: AFS 02668a01
- John and Ruby Lomax 1939 Southern States Recording Trip (AFC 1939/001)
- American Folklife Center
- Bell, Arthur
- Lomax, John A. (John Avery)
- Lomax, Ruby T. (Ruby Terrill)
- Powell, Abraham
- Robertson, Robert Lee
- Washington, Willie Henry
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
A small subset the sound recordings in this collection are not included in this online presentation because there is a strong possibility that there may be underlying rights in musical lyrics or compositions. Researchers with an interest or need to review the entire body of material are encouraged to contact the American Folklife Center: Those song titles not included are:
- Bull-Cow Blues
- Don't You Leave Me Here
- Everybody's Down on Me
- Little Log Cabin
- Springtime in the Rockies
John and Ruby Lomax 1939 southern states recording trip (AFC 1939/001), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lomax, John A, Ruby T Lomax, Abraham Powell, Willie Henry Washington, Arthur Bell, and Robert Lee Robertson. Jesus, My God, I Know His Name. near Varner, Arkansas, 1939. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000324/.
APA citation style:
Lomax, J. A., Lomax, R. T., Powell, A., Washington, W. H., Bell, A. & Robertson, R. L. (1939) Jesus, My God, I Know His Name. near Varner, Arkansas. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000324/.
MLA citation style:
Lomax, John A, et al. Jesus, My God, I Know His Name. near Varner, Arkansas, 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lomaxbib000324/>.