Map Richmond, Petersburg, and vicinity Genl. Grant's campaign war map Genl. Grant's camgaign war map
About this Item
- Richmond, Petersburg, and vicinity Genl. Grant's campaign war map
- Genl. Grant's camgaign war map
- Baumgarten, J.
- Bufford, John Henry, 1810-1870.
Created / Published
- Boston, [Mass.] : J.H. Bufford, 
- - Grant, Ulysses S.--(Ulysses Simpson),--1822-1885
- - Petersburg Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg Region
- - United States--Virginia--Roanoke
- - "Shows fortifications, camps, roads, railroads, street pattern of Richmond and Petersburg, towns, drainage, vegetation, hachures, and houses. The horizontal and upright lines represent one mile square. " -- LC Civil War maps / Stephenson.
- - "The horizontal and upright lines represent one mile square. By referring to the number on the left and to the letter on the base, any point may be found to show the locality of the Union armies ... those in the army are enabled to inform their friends of the movements of their companies, and [the map] will also serve as a journal to each soldier."
- - Includes text.
- - Relief shown by hachures and pictorially. Depths shown by bathymetric isolines.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 623
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Dec. 1999, Philadelphia Print Shop, gdc, ALE.
- 1 map : encapsulated ; 58 x 47 cm., on sheet 70 x 56 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Baumgarten, J, and John Henry Bufford. Richmond, Petersburg, and vicinity Genl. Grant's campaign war map. [Boston, Mass.: J.H. Bufford, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000005/.
APA citation style:
Baumgarten, J. & Bufford, J. H. (1864) Richmond, Petersburg, and vicinity Genl. Grant's campaign war map. [Boston, Mass.: J.H. Bufford] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000005/.
MLA citation style:
Baumgarten, J, and John Henry Bufford. Richmond, Petersburg, and vicinity Genl. Grant's campaign war map. [Boston, Mass.: J.H. Bufford, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000005/>.