Map Potomac River (in four sheets)
About this Item
- Potomac River (in four sheets)
- United States Coast Survey.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
Created / Published
- [United States] : Coast Survey Office, 1862-1864.
- Sheet No. 1. From entrance to Piney Point / triangulation E. Blunt, R.D. Cutts and J. Farley ; topography by R.D. Cutts ... [et al.] ; redd. drng. by M.J. Mc Clery & A. Lindenkohl ; engd. by A. Maedel, H.S. Barnard & A. Petersen -- Sheet No. 2. From Piney Point to Lower Cedar Point / triangulation by John Farley ... [et al.] ; topography by I. Hull Adams ... [et al.] ; redd. drng. by L.D. Williams and A. Lindenkohl ; engd. by A. Maedel, H.S. Barnard & A. Petersen -- Sheet No. 3. From Lower Cedar Point to Indian Head / triangulation by C. Ferguson and F.P. Webber ; topography by H.L. Whiting ... [et al.] ; redd. drng. by A. Lindenkohl, L. Karcher and A. Balbach ; engd. by A. Maedel, A Petersen and F.W. Benner -- Sheet No. 4. From Indian Head to Georgetown / triangulation by A.D. Bache ... [et al.] ; topography by A.M. Harrison ... [et al.] ; redd. drng. by H. Lindenkohl and L. Karcher; engd. by A. Maedel and A. Petersen.
- - Harbors--Washington (D.C.)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Potomac River Estuary
- - Potomac River--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- - United States--Potomac River Estuary
- - Chart of the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. to its entrance into the Chesapeake Bay. Chart indicates soundings, tides, lighthouses, and the shoreline configuration.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Maps numbered 20-23 in upper left corners.
- - Seal of U.S. Coast Survey Office printed below the map title.
- - Similar to no. 35.2, LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.)
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 989-991, 1151
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - June 2002; L.S. Straight, June 1970, cd, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00044.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, April 2002.
- - Digital image available: 39 x 24 in. or smaller.
- - Map accession no.: 3017 (1970)
- - Previously filed as: 755.23 H9 1862-1864.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : b&w, mounted on paper ; sheets 106 x 66 cm. or smaller.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, and A. D Bache. Potomac River in four sheets. [United States: Coast Survey Office, to 1864, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000044/.
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey & Bache, A. D. (1862) Potomac River in four sheets. [United States: Coast Survey Office, to 1864] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000044/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, and A. D Bache. Potomac River in four sheets. [United States: Coast Survey Office, to 1864, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000044/>.