Map Cold Harbor [Hanover County, Virginia]
About this Item
- Cold Harbor [Hanover County, Virginia]
- Smith, Normand.
Created / Published
- - Cold Harbor, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps, Manuscript
- - Hanover County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Hanover County
- - United States--Virginia--Cold Harbor
- - One of a series of five maps drawn by Col. Normand Smith showing battle lines. Original maps are included in Personal Papers Collection, accession 24417, Gaines Family Papers, 1776-1905.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1 1956, photocopy, LVA; c. 2 Dec. 2003, color ink jet print, LVA (original in Archives, Mrs. Ormonde Smith, 1956, gift); Map Cataloging Team.
- - Archives original conserved by the Etherington Conservation Center, May 2002.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00063.
- - Copy 1 map accession no. 1581e (1956); copy 2 map accession no. 5222X-E (2003).
- - Copy filed as: 755.45 M6 1861-1865 1864.
- - Digital image available: 4.5 x 7.25 in.
- 1 map : ms., col., mounted on paper ; 12 x 18 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Smith, Normand. Cold Harbor Hanover County, Virginia. [18, 1800] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000063/.
APA citation style:
Smith, N. (1800) Cold Harbor Hanover County, Virginia.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000063/.
MLA citation style:
Smith, Normand. Cold Harbor Hanover County, Virginia. [18, 1800] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000063/>.