Map Map of the Confederate States of America. Days of long ago : half century Confederate memorial
About this Item
- Map of the Confederate States of America.
- Other Title
- Days of long ago : half century Confederate memorial
- Contributor Names
- Lee, Fitzhugh.
- Created / Published
- Des Moines, Iowa : Kenyon Co., c1910.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--Maps
- - United States--Southern States
- - "Confederate poetry and song" and "important events and battles of the Civil War" are printed on the verso.
- - "Copyrighted 1910 Fitzhugh Lee, Atlanta, Ga."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - General map of the South printed on a poster entitled "Days of long ago : half century Confederate memorial."
- - Map is surrounded by portraits of Jefferson Davis and Generals Lee, Gordon, Jackson, Beauregard, J. E. Johnston, A. S. Johnston, Stuart, Hood, and Longstreet and pictures of Confederate money and postage stamps, the Virginia capitol building, war memorials, the flags of the Confederacy and a certificate of military service in the Civil War with blanks to be filled in.
- - Similar to no. 75.7 (1910), LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.).
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Scale 1:8,553,600.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Oct. 2002; source unknown (1956), Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: LVA00071.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, July 2002.
- - Digital image available: 20.75 x 29 in.
- - Map accession no. 1584 (1956).
- - Previously filed as: 750 P6 1861-1865 1910.
- 1 map : col. ; 20 x 28 cm. on sheet 73 x 53 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lee, Fitzhugh. Map of the Confederate States of America. Des Moines, Iowa: Kenyon Co, 1910. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000071/.
APA citation style:
Lee, F. (1910) Map of the Confederate States of America. Des Moines, Iowa: Kenyon Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000071/.
MLA citation style:
Lee, Fitzhugh. Map of the Confederate States of America. Des Moines, Iowa: Kenyon Co, 1910. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000071/>.
More Maps like this
MapCavalry battle, Gettysburg, Pa. July 3rd 3:30 p.m. Shows in detail the cavalry battle east of the town of Gettysburg with the action depicted as happening at 3:30 p.m. Also includes pairings of Union and Confederate brigades as engaged.
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1863-07-03
MapMap of the southern states, including rail roads, county towns, state capitals, county roads, the southern ... Covers northern Missouri to Texas and the Kansas boundary to the Atlantic shore, including Delaware and a portion of Florida. Includes portraits of Lincoln, Seward, Scott, and McClellan and inset map of...
- Date: 1861
MapPlan of the western seat of war Description derived from published bibliography. General map of Kentucky, Tennessee, and parts of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, and North Carolina showing principal roads, railroads, towns, and rivers. Fortified sites and battlefields are...
- Contributor: J. Manouvrier & Co. - Lathrop, H. P.
- Date: 1861
MapHazard's rail road & military map of the southern states. Shows railroads, forts, location and dates of engagements, state and county boundaries, roads, towns, and rivers.
- Contributor: Philadelphia Board of Trade. Committee on Inland Transportation
- Date: 1863
MapColton's map of the southern states. Including Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, North Carolina, South ... Scale ca. 1:1,520,640. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 6.5 "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 185[5?] by J.H. Colton & Co." Inset: Southern part of Florida. 27 x...
- Contributor: Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins) - Colton, J. H.
- Date: 1861