Map Map of Jefferson County, Va. photographed for the Bureau of Topographical Engineers Oct., 1862.
About this Item
- Map of Jefferson County, Va. photographed for the Bureau of Topographical Engineers Oct., 1862.
- Shows Jefferson County before the formation of West Virginia in 1863.
- United States. Topographical Bureau.
- Brown, Samuel Howell.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1862?]
- - Jefferson County (W. Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--West Virginia--Jefferson County
- - Based on Brown, S. Howell. Map of Jefferson County, Virginia ([Staunton, Va.? : S. Howell Brown?], 1852).
- - Oriented with north to upper right.
- - Relief shown with hachures.
- - Similar to no. 700.5 (1862), LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.).
- - Sun print.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1, Dec. 2002, source unknown, Map Cataloging Team; c. 2, photocopy, LVA.
- - c. 1, postive brownline, map accession no. 2536 (1967); c. 2, no. 2535 (1967)(on 4 sheets, negative photostats, sheets 45 x 59 cm.).
- - Civil War Map Proj. no.: lva00085.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, July 2002.
- - Digital image available: 18.5 x 24 in.
- - Previously filed as: 754.99 1862.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : photocopy, mounted on paper ; sheets 45 x 59 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau, and Samuel Howell Brown. Map of Jefferson County, Va. photographed for the Bureau of Topographical Engineers Oct. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000085/.
APA citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau & Brown, S. H. (1862) Map of Jefferson County, Va. photographed for the Bureau of Topographical Engineers Oct. [S.l.: s.n., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000085/.
MLA citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau, and Samuel Howell Brown. Map of Jefferson County, Va. photographed for the Bureau of Topographical Engineers Oct. [S.l.: s.n., ?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000085/>.