Map County map of Virginia and West Virginia
About this Item
- County map of Virginia and West Virginia
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
- Gamble, W. H. (William H.)
Created / Published
- [Philadelphia?] : S.A. Mitchell, c1863.
- - Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps.--Maps
- - West Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps.--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--West Virginia
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1863 by S. Augustus Mitchell, Jr. ... for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - In lower right corner: 27.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- - Probably from: Mitchell's new general atlas. Philadelphia : S. Augustus Mitchell, Jr, 1864.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1 Dec. 1970, L.S. Straight; c. 2 photocopy, LVA; Feb. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - C. 1, map accession no. 3057 (1970); c. 2 (negative photostat, LVA, approx. 14 x 17 in.)
- - Civil War project no.: lva00095.
- - Conservation: Copy 1 Etherington Conservation Center, 2002.
- - Digital image available: 12 1/2 x 15 1/2 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755 1863.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 32 x 39 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus, and W. H Gamble. County map of Virginia and West Virginia. [Philadelphia?: S.A. Mitchell, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000095/.
APA citation style:
Mitchell, S. A. & Gamble, W. H. (1863) County map of Virginia and West Virginia. [Philadelphia?: S.A. Mitchell] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000095/.
MLA citation style:
Mitchell, S. Augustus, and W. H Gamble. County map of Virginia and West Virginia. [Philadelphia?: S.A. Mitchell, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000095/>.