Map Map showing the comparative area of the northern and southern states, east of the Rocky Mountains.
About this Item
- Map showing the comparative area of the northern and southern states, east of the Rocky Mountains.
- Created / Published
- [New York : Harper's, 1861]
- Subject Headings
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States
- - From: Harper's weekly, February 23, 1861, p. 123-124.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - March 1945, Cora Wilson, b; Oct. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- 1 map ; 24 x 35 cm. on sheet 28 x 42 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map showing the comparative area of the northern and southern states, east of the Rocky Mountains. [New York: Harper's, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000152/.
APA citation style:
(1861) Map showing the comparative area of the northern and southern states, east of the Rocky Mountains. [New York: Harper's] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000152/.
MLA citation style:
Map showing the comparative area of the northern and southern states, east of the Rocky Mountains. [New York: Harper's, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000152/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the seat of war : to accompany the American Conflict Description derived from published bibliography. Insets: Map of the lower portion of Texas. 7 x 8 cm. - Map of the lower portion of Florida. 11 x 9 cm. Map of the...
- Contributor: Stuart, Oliver J. - O.D. Case & Company
- Date: 1868
MapColton's new railroad & county map of the United States, the Canadas &c. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861 by J.H. Colton." "Explanations" (i.e., legend) is pasted over the bottom margin. Map is colored to show "free, or non-slaveholding states" (pink),...
- Contributor: Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
- Date: 1862
MapBattle of Missionary Ridge or Chickamauga, Tenn. This map shows a regional view of north central Tennessee that includes Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, and Bowling Green.
- Contributor: Sneden, Robert Knox
- Date: 1861
MapLloyd's official map of the state of Virginia : from actual surveys by order of the ... "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1861 by J.T. Lloyd in the clerks office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."...
- Contributor: United States. War Dept. Corps of Topographical Engineers - Lloyd, James T. - Powell, W. Angelo
- Date: 1862
MapCentral Virginia Consists of 2 parts joined in the middle. Covers Washington, D.C., at the north and extends south to Petersburg. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. Shows cities, roads, railroads, rivers,...
- Contributor: United States. War Dept. Corps of Topographical Engineers
- Date: 1864