Map Sketch of the vicinity of the Falls of Caney Fork of Cumberland River, Ten.
About this Item
- Sketch of the vicinity of the Falls of Caney Fork of Cumberland River, Ten.
- Rosson, W.
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Weyss, J. E.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
Created / Published
- [S.l : s.n., 1863]
- - Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Tennessee--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Cumberland River
- - United States--Tennessee
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Hand-colored photocopy of manuscript map of parts of Warren and Van Buren counties, Tennessee showing rivers, hills, roads, houses with owner's names. Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 396.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - May 1969, source unknown; Oct. 2003, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00159.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Oct. 2003.
- - Digital image available: 9 x 7.75 in.
- - Map accession no. 2837 (1969).
- - Previously filed as: 768 M6 1861-1865 1863 (2).
- 1 map : photocopy, hand col., mounted on paper ; 19 x 22 cm. on sheet 20 x 23 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rosson, W, N Michler, J. E Weyss, and United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Sketch of the vicinity of the Falls of Caney Fork of Cumberland River, Ten. [S.l: s.n, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000159/.
APA citation style:
Rosson, W., Michler, N., Weyss, J. E. & United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1863) Sketch of the vicinity of the Falls of Caney Fork of Cumberland River, Ten. [S.l: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000159/.
MLA citation style:
Rosson, W, et al. Sketch of the vicinity of the Falls of Caney Fork of Cumberland River, Ten. [S.l: s.n, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000159/>.