Map Yorktown to Williamsburg Campaign map, Army of the Potomac, map no. 1
About this Item
- Yorktown to Williamsburg
- Campaign map, Army of the Potomac, map no. 1
- Abbot, Henry L.
- Dougal, William H., 1822-1895.
- United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Dept.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1862]
- - Williamsburg, Battle of, Williamsburg, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Virginia.--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps.--Maps
- - York County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Yorktown (Va.)--History--Siege, 1862--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--York County
- - United States--Virginia--Williamsburg
- - United States--Virginia--Yorktown
- - Williamsburg, Battle of, Williamsburg, Va
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Shows fortifications, towns, roads, houses, names of residents, vegetation, drainage, and relief by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 599
- - Swem, E.G. Maps relating to Virginia, 940
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - c. 1-2, source unknown; c. 3 photocopy, LVA; Feb. 2004, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00177.
- - Copy 1: Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, Dec. 2003.
- - Copy 1: map accession no. 5235X; c. 2 map accession no. 5247X; c. 3 (negative photostat, LVA, on 2 sheets aprox. 46 x 61 cm.)
- - Digital image available: 34 x 22.5 in.
- - Previously filed as: 755.4 M6 1861-1865 1862 (3).
- 1 map : mounted on paper ; 86 x 57 cm. on sheet 94 x 61 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.Y6S5 1862 .A2
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, William H Dougal, and United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Dept. Yorktown to Williamsburg. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000177/.
APA citation style:
Abbot, H. L., Dougal, W. H. & United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Dept. (1862) Yorktown to Williamsburg. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000177/.
MLA citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, William H Dougal, and United States Army Of The Potomac. Engineer Dept. Yorktown to Williamsburg. [S.l.: s.n, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000177/>.