Map Map of the battlefield near Belmont, Missouri
About this Item
- Map of the battlefield near Belmont, Missouri
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
Created / Published
- [Washington] : Office of the Chief of Engineers U.S. Army, 1876.
- - Belmont, Battle of, Belmont, Mo., 1861.--Maps
- - Columbus (Ky.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Kentucky--Columbus
- - United States--Missouri--Belmont
- - Belmont, Battle of, Belmont, Mo
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Oriented with north to left.
- - Shows Confederate camp and batteries near Columbus, Kentucky, "Camp and battery of secessionists" near Belmont, Missouri, Union troop positions and movements during battle, location and names of Union gunboats, roads, vegetation, fences and relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia; please contact the Library's Archives Research Services department for more information.
- - LC Civil war maps (2nd ed.) 297
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Jan, 1913, Libbie, b; June 2004, Map Cataloging Team.
- - Civil War project no.: lva00212.
- - Conservation: Etherington Conservation Center, May 2004.
- - Digital image available: 20 x 23 in.
- - Map accession no. 895 (Jan. 1913).
- 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 41 x 51 cm. on sheet 50 x 58 cm.
- Library of Virginia Richmond, VA 23219-8000 USA vau For copies contact: Archives Research Services.
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Map of the battlefield near Belmont, Missouri. [Washington: Office of the Chief of Engineers U.S. Army, 1876] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000212/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. (1876) Map of the battlefield near Belmont, Missouri. [Washington: Office of the Chief of Engineers U.S. Army] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/lva0000212/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Engineers. Map of the battlefield near Belmont, Missouri. [Washington: Office of the Chief of Engineers U.S. Army, 1876] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/lva0000212/>.