Book/Printed Material Booklet, "Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems" by Horatio Gates Spafford
About this Item
- Booklet, "Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems" by Horatio Gates Spafford
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Revell, F. H. (Publishing director)
- Spafford, Horatio Gates, 1828-1888 (Author)
- Created / Published
- F. H. Revell, Chicago, Illinois, 1878
- Subject Headings
- - Hymns
- - Sacred poetry
- - Spafford, Horatio G., 1828-1888
- - Lee, Margaret W. Spafford, c. 1830-1891
- - Pamphlets
- - United States -- Illinois -- Chicago
- - Copyright 1878 by F. H. Revell, Publisher of Evangelical Literature, 148 and 149 Madison St., Chicago. Printed by Ottawa & Company, Printers, Chicago. Printed pamphlet, 53 pp.
- - Contains Spafford poems adapted as verse for sacred hymns. Contains 20 poems based on Biblical citations, including "Waiting for the Morning," "The Word of the Lord," "Redemption Draweth Nigh," "How Long O Lord?," "Temperance Hymn," the Spafford classic "It is Well With My Soul" (p. 44), based on John 15:16, and others.
- - Concludes with advertisement for "Twenty Reasons for Believing that the Second Coming of the Lord is Near" by Horatio Gates Spafford, a 24 pp. pamphlet from the same publisher.
- - Bookplate from the Library of Bertha Spafford Vester and Frederick Vester, The American Colony, Jerusalem. Title page signed by H. G. Spafford [author] and Margaret Lee [original owner of the pamphlet, American Colony member, and sister of H. G. Spafford], with hand-penciled revisions in the poems by H. G. Spafford.
- pamphlet 6" x 4 5/8" closed
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 1, Folder 15: American Colony Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, F. H Revell, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Booklet, "Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems" by Horatio Gates Spafford. F. H. Revell, Chicago, Illinois, 1878. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.002/.
APA citation style:
American Colony, Revell, F. H. & Spafford, H. G. (1878) Booklet, "Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems" by Horatio Gates Spafford. F. H. Revell, Chicago, Illinois. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.002/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, F. H Revell, and Horatio Gates Spafford. Booklet, "Waiting for the Morning and Other Poems" by Horatio Gates Spafford. F. H. Revell, Chicago, Illinois, 1878. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.002/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialBusiness card of attorneys Horatio Gates Spafford, H. O. McDaid, & John P. Wilson, Chicago, Illinois
- Contributor: Wilson, John P. - Spafford, Horatio Gates - American Colony (Jerusalem) - McDaid, H. O.
Book/Printed Material[Prospectus for Mr. Franklin and The Papers of Benjamin Franklin.] Chicago, The Lakeside Press, 1956. Page Order: Multipage Available also through the Library of Congress web site in two forms: as facsimile page images and as full text in SGML. Printed Ephemera Collection; Portfolio 18, Folder 72.
- Contributor: Printed Ephemera Collection (Library of Congress) - Benjamin Franklin as Printer
- Date: 1956
Book/Printed Material"Lincoln and slavery." Sold only by subscription. The history of Abraham Lincoln and the "overthrow of ...
- Contributor: Arnold, Hon. Isaac N.
Book/Printed MaterialMovement order, Kantara military railway (pass for John D. Whiting, British Intelligence, from Beirut to Jerusalem)
- Contributor: Kantara Military Railway - Whiting, John D. (John David)
CollectionAmerican Colony in Jerusalem, 1870-2006 This electronic presentation features selected materials from the physical American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. The full collection in the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress represents well over 16,600 items stemming...
- Contributor: Spafford, Anna T. - Spafford, Horatio Gates - American Colony (Jerusalem) - Vester, Bertha Spafford
Collection Items: View 131 Items