Photo, Print, Drawing Photographic copy of lithograph,"The Sinking of the Steamship Ville du Havre" (1873)
About this Item
- Photographic copy of lithograph,"The Sinking of the Steamship Ville du Havre" (1873)
- Contributor Names
- Currier & Ives (Publisher)
- Created / Published
- Currier & Ives, 125 Nassau St., New York, 1873
- Subject Headings
- - Steamships--Ville du Havre
- - Spafford, Anna T., 1842-1923
- - Sailing vessels--Loch Earn
- - Transatlantic travel--Nineteenth Century
- - Illustrations
- - France -- Havre
- - Illustration depicts the immediate aftermath of the accident at sea in the shipwreck of the French luxury steamship Ville du Havre and the British iron ship Loch Earn in the mid-Atlantic ocean.
- - Published by Currier & Ives, 1873. Photographic copy from the American Colony in Jerusalem.
- photographic copy print
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 1, Folder 5: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Currier & Ives. Photographic copy of lithograph,"The Sinking of the Steamship Ville du Havre". France Havre, 1873. Currier & Ives, 125 Nassau St., New York. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.010/.
APA citation style:
Currier & Ives. (1873) Photographic copy of lithograph,"The Sinking of the Steamship Ville du Havre". France Havre, 1873. Currier & Ives, 125 Nassau St., New York. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.010/.
MLA citation style:
Currier & Ives. Photographic copy of lithograph,"The Sinking of the Steamship Ville du Havre". Currier & Ives, 125 Nassau St., New York. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.010/>.