Manuscript/Mixed Material Article by Alexander Hume Ford, "Our American Colony at Jerusalem," from Appleton's Magazine
About this Item
- Article by Alexander Hume Ford, "Our American Colony at Jerusalem," from Appleton's Magazine
- Contributor Names
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Ford, Alexander Hume, 1868-1945 (Author)
- Created / Published
- D. Appleton & Co., New York, N.Y., December 1906
- Subject Headings
- - American Colony in Jerusalem
- - U.S. Consuls--Jerusalem
- - Jerusalem--Burial grounds
- - Whiting, Mary C
- - Merrill, Selah, 1837-1909
- - Wallace, Edwin S
- - Gilman, Henry
- - Spafford, Horatio G., 1828-1888
- - Ford, Alexander Hume, 1868-1945
- - Manuscripts
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Article printed in Appleton's Magazine, vol. VIII, no. 6 (Dec. 1906): 643-655. On the formation and functions of the American Colony in Jerusalem and the various controversies it faced, including those with the American Consuls in Jerusalem, Selah Merrill and Edwin S. Wallace.
- print document 9 1/2" x 6 3/4"
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 2, Folder 10: American Colony in Jerusalem
- Source Collection
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsAmerican Colony (Jerusalem)
Ford, Alexander Hume
SubjectsAmerican Colony in Jerusalem
Ford, Alexander Hume
Spafford, Horatio G.
Wallace, Edwin S.
Whiting, Mary C.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, and Alexander Hume Ford. Article by Alexander Hume Ford, "Our American Colony at Jerusalem," from Appleton's Magazine. D. Appleton & Co., New York, N.Y., December, 1906. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.031/.
APA citation style:
American Colony & Ford, A. H. (1906) Article by Alexander Hume Ford, "Our American Colony at Jerusalem," from Appleton's Magazine. D. Appleton & Co., New York, N.Y., December. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.031/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, and Alexander Hume Ford. Article by Alexander Hume Ford, "Our American Colony at Jerusalem," from Appleton's Magazine. D. Appleton & Co., New York, N.Y., December, 1906. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.031/>.